Is Michael Richards' career surviving that whole anti-black rant episode?

I’m watching a Seinfeld rerun right now. Made me wonder how Michael Richards is doing. Has his carreer rebounded since that whole celebrated episode in the comedy club where he made those anti-black cracks?

I don’t think he’s had much of what you could call a career after Seinfeld to begin with.

Or before, for that matter. The guy’s crime wasn’t hating black people (I don’t think he does) - it was being unfunny and untalented.

Hey, he did have that one scene in Coneheads.

And he’s in UHF. I think he was the villain in Problem Child, as well.

… life is like a mop and sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and bugs and hairballs and stuff… you, you, you gotta clean it out. You, you, you gotta put it in here and rinse it off and start all over again and, and sometimes, sometimes life sticks to the floor so bad you know a mop, a mop, it’s not good enough, it’s not good enough. You, you gotta get down there, like, with a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta, you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off. You gotta really try to get it off. But if that doesn’t work, that doesn’t work, you can’t give up. You gotta, you gotta stand right up. You, you gotta run to a window and say, “Hey! These floors are dirty as hell, and I’m not gonna take it any more!”

YEAH, oh yes, yeah, I’m insensitive! I’m a very insensitive man! Stop your job, look at the insensitive man! That’s what they’re paying you for!

Yeah, remember how “huh? Michael Richards does standup?” that whole episode was? That 15 minutes was his peak. He’ll be doing standup on Baltic cruise ships if he’s lucky, and that’s only BECAUSE of his post-niggerniggernigger notoriety.

Hes still not getting the same amount of work he wasn’t getting before.

As brilliant as he was on Seinfeld…

I think that he was striving for over-the-top, and achieved it.

Unfortunately.

Please refresh me on that scene. I’m not remembering it.

Looked it up. I had forgotten how many cameos were in that movie.

Transylvania 6-5000.

One saving grace: Geena Davis in Tramp-Vamp outfits.

I had assumed he was hanging upside down somewhere with a fork up his ass.