Is my wife going to cheat on me?

(Bolding mine.)

You didn’t know, before the OP revealed the reason for his handle, why he was no longer in the service. You certainly assumed that one of your two allowed ends was the case, though.

Based on what do you make the assumption that he seems to have low intelligence?

Hmm … accusation of racism belongs somewhere else, methinks.

Damn, Blanche! Havin’ a bad hair day?

Anyways, I don’t know from shit about statistics, but here’s what I do know:

If your wife loses 15 pounds, gets a new hair-do and starts going to a tanning salon, you are fixin’ to get divorced. Take that one to the bank. :wink:

Adultery is one of my hot button issues. In my opinion, if you and your wife have shown that you’re willing to break your vows and disregard your spouse’s feelings by having an affair once, then, yes, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn you’d done it again. Did your wife express any regret about her affair? Has she done anything to change herself to keep it from happening again, or does she claim it was justified because she was unhappy? If it’s the latter, I’d say the odds of her having an affair just went up a lot.

As for religion, I’m not sure that has anything to do with it. I could reply with an anecdote or two, but instead let me offer up this counter-cite. While it doesn’t say anything about adultery or the causes of divorce, it does point out that, among Christian groups, “Non-denominational (small conservative groups; independents)” have the highest divorce rate, followed by Baptists.

I’m not getting the link here. Are you saying that the OP is a racist? If so, why would that lead to his SO cheating on him?

Or am I being whooshed?

I have an uncle who is a priest. He gets around, ‘counseling’ the ladies of the church late in the evening when their husbands are away, or if they are single ladies.

He ‘counsels’ a lot. Almost exclusively women too.

Religion has no bearing on slimeballs.

I was half-joking. He brought up that his ex-wife who cheated on him was a latina, and that two of the married women he had fooled around with were Latina as well, and it seemed like he was saying that Latinas tend to be adulterous. I know he was joking.

Okay, I’m cool with that.

:cool:

Okay, she told me she did not regret cheating on him and in hindsight she is glad he found out. We have a very open relationship in general, pretty much have done everything imaginable.

Our sex is great, about eight to nine times a week for the past four years, so there is nothing lacking there. Hmmm, what else? Once again, I do not think or worry that she is cheating on me, but according to what a majority of you think, the odds are she will. This puts me in the same boat, that I will cheat on her, which I do not picture. But…you never know. I might switch to the other side just to put something in BLANCHES mouth and shut him up. Would be quite the picture! JUST KIDDING BLANCHE. I enjoy a good sense of humor.

A person can choose to cheat. They can choose to be faithful.

You will not be able to use stats to predict what she is going to do if she has her heart set one way or the other. Treat her like an individual.

Find out what was in her head when she cheated the first time, find out why she isn’t regretful, find out what her thoughts are on infidelity in general (has she ever been cheated on?), examine your relationship critically, gauge her personality (are you sure she isn’t a novelty-seeker who gets bored really fasts and escapes that boredom through cheating; does she need to flirt all the time), etc. Then, perhaps, you’ll get a good sense of the likelihood that she will cheat again.

Just because a bunch of people with similar characteristics may have cheated doesn’t necessary mean she will, too.

I’m thinking if John Holmes shows up, you might have a problem…

Are you reading my thread in GQ about my wife’s John Holme’s toy?

What GQ thread? What’s GQ? That was just an idle comment…

In General Questions I have a question about a life size John Holmes dildo.

I think that mixed-race marriages that include at least one racist are not going to happen.

hh

Very good observation and note. I second that.