Is Mylanta no longer made?

He wrote his OP confusingly. I think he’s saying, in the *absence *of Mylanta, his next-best alternative is puking. Mylanta makes it so he doesn’t need to puke.

Well, I hope that’s what he meant then! Deliberately making yourself puke definetly isn’t a good idea, even if it makes you feel better physically.

Doesn’t help the OP much but at the Supermarket yesterday they had Mylanta on the shelf. Both original and double strength.

Was there something superior about Mylanta liquid over the store brand? I have Equate or some kind of store brand of the liquid at home and it is pretty good.

Read the last line of my post:

“Even the H2-antagonists are being pushed pretty hard by the OTC proton-pump inhibitors in the past few years.”

I know that they’re OTC, and AFAIK, they’re still being prescribed.

(I actually have a box of generic omeprazole at home)

Guess what? J & J did what so many other companies have done when they have a product recall, and it’s not cost effective to re-label or remake their product…they sell it to another company, (InFirst Healthcare, Inc., based in London, the UK), and make some money on the deal!

This is what was done with Bufferin when it was recalled a few years ago and it’s now been done with Mylanta! No more wonderful Cherry Mylanta, and this new company doubled the ingredients’ amounts from 400 mg. to 800 mg. each, (the Symethicone from 40 mg. to 80 mg.).

This is the world we now live in, folks! :rolleyes:

Altoids, OP. Altoids. That is all ye need to know.

This actually goes fairly far back.

I liked Mylanta antacid pills. But, they contained aluminum! The horror, packing a metal known to cause Alzheimer’s Disease! What horrid people!

What? The aluminum = Alzheimer’s thing isn’t true? Well, never mind.

Nonetheless, Mylanta pills with aluminum in them got scarce.

Their liquids still have it. Maybe the liquid form is stabler than the pill version or something.

Prepper is a term applied to those who store materials for upcoming catastrophes. Typically, MREs, medical supplies, knives, fishing gear, stuff like that.

Here is a list of 30 some uses for baking soda from a prepper site.
http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/36-awesome-baking-soda-uses-for-preppers.htm

Also, folks, you may recall when Maalox was recalled many years ago. They didn’t even bother looking to sell it to another company, they simply never brought it back to market! Cheap is cheap!!!