Is Samantha Bee awesome or what?

I’m thoroughly enjoying the show. First one was noticably shaky, but by the second, she’d gained confidence and owned it. She’s taken swipes at every nominee, including Hillary, though unsurprisingly the Rs lend themselves to more satire.

I enjoy John Oliver’s deeper dives into topics a bit more (and commitment to bits!), but Bee is a very close second.

I’m very impressed that she went to meet Syrian refugees.

Given the commercials they run nonstop for her show, she’s about the least funny woman on the planet. Either whoever made the ads is really bad, or the show is dreck.

Have you seen the show?

Call me a skeptic. If you’re going to be a political comedian you have to do more than just this. The only way she could be more of a liberal stereotype is if she’s a lesbo…

Actually she does more than just that, though, right?

Is she more a stereotype than anyone else? (lib or con?)

yeah those damned lesbos, huh?

When your audience is young and not necessarily committed politically, then mocking Republicans is pandering. It’s lazy comedy, and cheap laughs. Back in the day Leno and Letterman would mock politicians without appearing to have any agenda. They learned that from Carson. It took a genuine whit and clever writing. Now it’s just Obama is awesome and Republicans are evil, puppy-kicking Nazis.

How clever. Yawn…

Well, yeah, but they are.

Back-to-back Bee’s this week. She had a new episode tonight (with some hilarious film footage of Cruz) and she was a voice on "Bob’s Burgers" on Sunday.

I don’t have TBS (or any channels at all, actually) but I’ve been trying to watch what’s put up on YouTube.

The YouTube channel’s a bit annoying- it’s difficult for me to determine what I’ve watched already. I’ll watch a 7 minute clip then load another clip, which might be 3 minutes, only to find out it’s a cut from the 7 minute clip I already watched. Some of the uploads are promo spots rather than clips from the show.

But, I’ve loved what I’ve seen so far. The only thing I never liked about Samantha Bee is that she’s married- I suppose if I were to find out they have an open marriage I might not mind so much. I loved her on The Daily Show and I’m really happy about her new show.

Compared to the Fox and CNN audiences, I think I’ll go with SB’s audience, who are probably already aware of the Rep’s buffoonery - not much pandering required there, probably.

Obviously because the producers made damn sure those guys stayed on a short leash so they didn’t ruffle too many status quo feathers.

…and to my future husband, at that! Very rude.

Sounds like you and bienville have the makings of an awesome rom-com. Call it The Splitters.

Step 1) Ask Bee and her husband to co-star with the two of you.
Step 2) If they agree, ask Charlie Kaufman to direct.
Step 3) Love and/or Profit!

Alas, I am far from leading lady material…I doubt I could steal anyone from anyone. :slight_smile:

But they had a guinine whit.

Oh c’mon. You know it’s true.

Warning Issued

“Lesbo” is anti-gay slur and is unacceptable in this forum. This an official warning. Do not use such a slur again.

Please do not quote the slur- report the post if you find it objectionable.

No warning given.

Hmm, sounds more like a Coen brothers movie…

You know when I’d heard that Stewart was leaving TDS and they hadn’t made their replacement choice yet I was hoping that they’d had gone with Samantha Bee and Jason Jones.

Both had proven they were funny on TDS and as a husband/wife, man/woman co-host, it would had been a unique choice and would had given a different perspective for this long running late night show.

Alas though, they went another direction…

Why would I? The commercials make it look awful, and make her look about as funny as cancer. If they can’t even make the show look good in any of the 30 second spots intended to get you to watch, fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

I believe it was Public Enemy who once said - “Don’t Believe the Hype”.