Is short hair on women deeply out of fashion now? [Exhibit A: female Olympians]

:confused: How are those photos short hair?

I’ve had extremely short hair for the past 14 or so years (with a few various styles in between.) When I think of short hair on women I picture a length like pixie cut like Emma Watson has, not longer than chin length!

Fairly on not, in some people’s minds, very short hair=lesbian.

I used to have very long hair, as in almost down to my waist.

However, as I’ve grown older, my hair has changed texture, has thinned, and has developed a tendency to break off at random lengths, so if I grow my hair long, I don’t have a smooth shiny waterfall of hair any more, I have a collection of random hair lengths on my head. I got my hair cut short last year, and then REALLY short about seven months ago (as a sign of mourning). I would look better with long hair, if the long hair was in great condition. Since my hair won’t do that any more, I look better with short hair. And I am absolutely not going to wear a wig.

It’s relative, of course. But all of these women have recently had their hair cut significantly shorter than it had been. And all of them have hair that’s now above their shoulders.

Maybe, but I challenge you to find a picture of a young female celebrity with hair that would be considered short on a man.

Alessan, my hair is most definitely short (I had it cut last week), and in a man it would be considered “dude, you need a haircut”…

Yeah, maybe I was being too severe. How about this - a haircut that won’t cover the ears, when wet.

Natalie Portman is gorgeous with very short hair.

Natalie Portman is gorgeous in any way, shape or form.

I think, though, that she wore here hair like that because of a movie role* (V for Vendetta)*.

Remember Ghost? I had Demi Moore’s haircut and I think I looked great, but I was 25. I looked more great in general. But to echo CrazyCat, my hair is way too fine to ever wear long, so I have been forced to look smashing in short hair my whole life. It is more earlobe-length now, however.

Yes beautiful woman looks beautiful. Beautiful woman looks better with longer hair.

This !!!

The pixie cut.

What does your personal preference have to do with the topic at hand?

-checks forum- Everything?

In the crunchy town where I now live, I see very little “old lady poodly” or “mom hair”. Having a very large population of lesbians, short hair on women is still a very common sight, but it tends to be butch and unstyled.

There’s also a staggering number of women in their 50s and early 60s here, for some reason. Among them, the “natural” look is popular. The crunchy garden lady with a head of just-below-the-shoulder length silver hair is probably the most common look, followed by Amy Goodman clones, and long, flat, straight hippie hair reminiscent of the 1960s.

Disagree. I think Natalie Portman is another of the women that zweisamkeit mentioned earlier - she’s typical “movie star beautiful” with long hair, but absolutely stunning with short hair.

+1

+2

Everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion now and then. :smiley: