Is Sidney Powell insane?

Another sign pointing to “yes”:

…Speaking to the pro-Trump pastor Andrew Wommack, Powell came right out and accused Democrats of murdering someone in some ill-conceived attempt to prevent Georgia from carrying out an audit of Joe Biden’s victory in the state. “I think what we’re dealing with here is pervasive and very, very dark,” Powell said. “They are willing to kill people à la Kelly Loeffler’s aide in Georgia…

I think there’s a chapter in Extortion for Dummies that covers this…

“Generally, if you are trying to coerce your opponent into doing something for your benefit, e.g. pay a ransom, carrying out a secret illegal plan, it’s a good idea to somehow communicate your desired outcome to the mark before you kill your intended target. Otherwise the only thing you getting out of your mark is a funeral. Which probably wasn’t your intention…unless you’re an undertaker.”

This public service message made possible by a grant from the Foundation for People With Too Much Cash Lying Around.

I am now leaning heavily towards “yes”:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-25/ex-trump-campaign-lawyer-powell-sues-voting-firm-for-suing-her

Well I for one will be fascinated to see what evidence she provides of Dominion’s “failings of its election equipment” and “voting irregularities”, given that for some reason neither she nor anyone else has produced such evidence to date.

ikr

Now she’s made the claims in court, it stands to reason she either really believes what she is saying (and will likely demand that the court recognize her belief), in which case she is insane or she doesn’t believe it but thought it was a good idea to include it in court filings, in which case she is insane.

It seems as though Sidney has made a career, of late, out of filing meritless actions. This looks like de rigger for her.

Maybe all she cares about is being a martyr for the cause.

It certainly seems that she wanted to be de rigger of elections in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (with apologies for any omissions).

I could have helped it. I chose not to.

Fair enough, though. I am unable to spell the actual word, so, instead of spelling it wrong and looking ignorant, I am content to look like a dumbshit.

This?

I bet some republicans will vote she’s indeed insane.

“Powell also claimed she had some inside help. One was Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who she said was “our circuit justice for that.” Then she implicated Minority Whip Steve Scalise and House Minority Leader Kevin. McCarthy, who she said tried to stall Nancy Pelosi from reconvening Congress. But that didn’t work.”

Here’s a story.

So she’s just admitted that the insurrection was planned by Trump and her and assorted others to obstruct or overturn the execution of the results of the election. I’m sure all the people she named will be sending her a lovely Christmas card this year.

For those of us really into Twitter…

Ron Filipkowski is the Jon Cooper of Brian Krassenstein’s.

Just sayin’. He’s the latest version of those ‘resistor’ accounts which inexplicably rise above the noise with a lot of unsorted speculation which seem tailored for retweets.

Over the weekend, Sidney released the Kraken which went on a rampage against Canada.

You are aware that there is actual video evidence of this, correct? Unless you’re claiming that the video is a deep-fake, I’m not sure why it matters who is reporting on the video.

It matters because the article quoted speculation by Ron w/o any background as to why he is qualified to speculate. (The paragraph beginning with ‘According to Ron…’)

Note I am not commenting on Powell, but Ron Filipkowski. I get he was a FL Health official which resigned because of Rebecca Jones (the woman who was raided by FL because she was reporting COVID data), but this doesn’t really qualify Ron to make arguments about the legal implications of Powell’s statements. Raw Story was lazy in citing Ron, they should have a couple of go-to legal ethics experts or Constitutional Law experts who are more qualified to comment. As it is, this is both an article about Powell and an article about a Twitter thread. And it only needed to be the former, and I’m getting tired of the latter.

That’s all.

I just want all the men mentioned in the statement to get unyielding attention due to it. It has the possibility, however low, of starting a break or two.

This may not be entirely insane. There are two possibilities.

1. The courts find in Dominion’s favor with regard to the defamation suit. In this case Powell is fucked no matter what she does. Everything she owns now belongs to Dominion. Any money she spends on her counter suit is just money that would have gone to Dominion anyway so she might was well spend it and save them the satisfaction,

2. On the other hand in the unlikely event the the Dominion lawsuit fails, then pigs have indeed flown, the fix is in or the judge shares her insanity, in which case there is every likelihood that that her counter suit succeeds.

So it’s a sort of Pascal’s wager. No downside in the likely event that if fails, but a very small probability of a significant upside in the highly unlikely event that is succeeds.

I think you missed a third option:

1. Trumpists see her taking the offensive against the Deep State, not just playing defense, and therefore pour money into her legal offense fund.

Yes, that too.