Is the Ask The Master option still valid?

The form provided directs the question to Cecil at the Chicago Reader but is there anybody at the other end now?

Good question. Now I’m imagining Cecil being drawn out of retirement someday when somebody submits a question that only he can answer,

Leans back, takes a sip, sighs in contentment, then gets startled upright when his old Blackberry phone starts buzzing.

And answers “you rang?”

Might still say the Reader but it ends up at the Sun-Times, parent company of The Straight Dope.
We see occasional questions these days. We explain Cecil is not currently accepting questions and forward to the board as appropriate.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

So you see the questions - but does anybody answer? Is the SDSAB still active?

~Max

I can ask questions of the vasty deep!

Why, so can I, or so can any man

No new content at the present time. If that changes, we’ll absolutely let you know.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

How about letting us have a go at answering a submitted question or two? Make a special posting in maybe General Questions, someone takes up the gauntlet to write a column-sized post, and the rest of us doofi critique the result.

That’s a major management decision. If things change, we’ll let you know.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

How about this one; how can the net amount of entropy of the universe be massively decreased? I understand that I may need to wait a bit for an answer.

Let there be light!

I’m not as active as I used to be, but I can still get around OK.:slight_smile:

I would think it more along the lines of the standard Batman-type spotlight signal in the sky, only instead of a bat symbol, it would be a Slug Signorino drawing.

“Robert Burns wrote To a Mouse.”

“I’ll bet he didn’t get an answer!”