Is there a Falklands accent or accents?

Well is there? I mean distinct local accent that sets them apart from Brits in other places.
Thanks,
An Gadaí

As their primary language? Cite?

The official language is English. The Argentinians are offended by English terms and the English are offended by Spanish terms. It’s an interesting clusterfuck.

English?

According to my dictionary, that’s a correct term. Is that not acceptable to youze guys anymore?

Well, they’re British citizens, but are not English, I presume.

But what’s the alternative? UK-ish?

Your choices are: “UK citizen”, “British citizen”, or simply “British”.

“English” is only applicable when refering to the people from England, the language or the breakfast.

Twenty years ago, I occasionally worked with someone who was born and raised in the Falklands and she spoke with what I would describe as a West Country accent - like someone from, say, Gloucester.

But not the muffin?

casdave may have first-hand experience, but my uncle, who was out there, said they sounded English.

That was how the accent sounded to me, too, based on seeing TV interviews with the locals in the aftermath of the Falkands war. I’ve no idea why that accent would prevail, or where the settlers there came from historically.

Cite for what? Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was asking is there a distinct Falklands accent, distinct from Brits in other parts of Britain.