Is there a left/right bias in dealing with hyperbolic posters?

[quote=“Shodan, post:2, topic:526571”]

A couple of examples from my own immediate experience -
[ul][li]I was semi-officially warned for characterizing a left-leaning OP by calling it “a steaming pile”. In the same post where the mod semi-officially warned me, he called my post “bullshit”. The distinction escapes me.[/ul][/li][/quote]
Gee, can we roll the tape of that one, again?

First, Shodan sets the tone of the thread with this post (#2) that opens “Your post is a very large, steaming pile, . . .”
There follow 35 more posts displaying, more or less, the same hostility, at which point I interrupt wth the following Mod note:

(Note the vicious attack on Shodan on that post.)
Shodan then comes back with a whiny complaint that I am picking on him in this post, despite the fact that I issued no Warning to anyone and selected no poster or post as an example of bad behavior.
I responded with a clarification of the rules for that thread–imposed because I thought that the thread could be interesting to all the posters, but that it was in danger of being locked. I explicitly noted that no poster was in trouble (at that point) for behavior to that point.
Shodan posted a sanctimonious, well I’m glad you were not talking to me, then reply in which he twisted my words to his own end, at which point I called him on his games, clarified my point once again, and told him to stop threadshitting.

And this becomes an example of favoring the Left?