Is there a term of this lyrical technique?

St Vincent’s song Los Ageless has these lines:

How can anybody have you?
How can anybody have you and lose you?
How can anybody have you and lose you and not lose their minds, too?

Lit’s song Miserable has these lines:

You make me come
You make me complete
You make me completely miserable

Is there a word for this technique of repeating a previous line but adding additional words to it to change the meanings of the lines?

Bonus points for other examples.

I can’t help with what it’s called but here is another example.

Flight of The Conchords, Business Time:

Making love
Making love for two
Making love for two minutes

A bump in case somebody who has an answer missed this.

My wife’s a poet so I asked her and she didn’t know but I remembered an example.

And the junta, and the junta knows
And the junta knows where she is
And the junta knows where they are hiding her, she’s dying

Doesn’t follow the form as strictly as I remember.

The Roches have a song, “Merciful God,” that does this, but I’m not 100% sure it fits in here.

And no, I have no idea if it’s called something.


“Anaphora” being “repetition of the same word or phrase at the beginning of a line throughout a work or the section of a work.”*

(Why not?)

*Poetry Terms: 40 Brief Definitions