Is there a word for this? (similar to erosion)

True enough, I suppose, nevertheless “corruption” is the term widely used in the recording/media, computing/coding and most other communications industries when it comes to artifacts, omissions or anomalies introduced in the data by previously stated means, including the one suggested in the OP.