Obscure word for a transcription error

A while ago, I remember reading of an incredibly obscure word that meant something like: “a phrase or sentence that is repeated in a text as a result faithful copying of an earlier text, which earlier text mistakenly repeated that phrase or sentence when transcribed from an even earlier text”.

I seem to remember the word was useful when studying the origin of a particular book or edition (such as very old bibles for example) because it allowed researchers to figure out which book was copied from what.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Can’t think of a single word, but this sounds like “scribal glosses”. See, for instance, here.

The original mistake of repeating a word or passage is called “dittography” and a passage so repeated is called a “dittograph.” I don’t know of a word that means the faithful copying of a dittograph.