Is there any animal that won't eat fried chicken?

Greedy Bastard :mad:

My cats won’t eat it. I think they’re broken.

My SO. And I make the best fried chicken in the northern hemisphere. He won’t even try it.

I never offered him a second one , we were having a riding clinic at the stable I boarded him at , and it was just a cheap , greasy patty from the consession stand . No lettuce , pickle & onion . He was such a funny horse , he really honestly thought he was a dog , used to try to get in the car with me too . He actually ATE it and nuzzled me for more . I never ate another one around him , but I’d be willing to bet if I had , he would have wanted his share .

Damn, I miss him .

• I read a blurb once that said that among zookeepers it was generally agreed that the orange was the most popular food of all. Most animals (herbivores and carnivores alike) will attempt to eat it if given one, and they are the least bit hungry. Even many animals that don’t naturally occur anywhere near oranges (or related fruits) might have possibly existed.
        ~

Cats however run away whenever they smell one (orange).

One of my cats too wouldn’t eat fried chicken. In fact, there are only a handful of things it will eat besides regular catfood: porridge, lobster salad, sometimes a tiny bit of mayo (left on my plate), and, recently, bacon. And he was found as a stray kitten! :smiley:

Btw, Chicken can be addictive, because proteins in it can release large quantities of dopamine. What I didn’t know until recently is how these proteins interact with other foodstuffs, as explained briefly here: http://www.foodandhealing.com/article-foodmind.htm

Not sure about koalas, but pandas will eat meat; usually carrion, but I don’t think they’d pass up a bit of KFC.

I’m going to suggest that most hummingbirds, woodworm, aphids, and most spiders will not eat fried chicken under anything resembling normal circumstances. Adult mayflies and the adults of many species of butterfly cannot eat it - under any circumstances, as they have no mouthparts.

Quick hijack- would that include orange-scented cleaners? A friend wants something that will deter her cat from climbing onto her kitchen counter.

It includes citrus scents, but be careful about just spraying cleaner on the counter and leaving it, because if the cat does jump up unawares he might get it on his paws. I think they have commercial cat-safe sprays to take advantage of the feline disinclination towards citrus, but I’m not sure. Kind of like “bitter apple” spray for dogs.

We actually have a cat who will eat oranges and other citrus. She will beg mercilessly for mandarin oranges and dried pineapple. Perhaps it goes without saying that fried chicken is not safe around her.

I think giraffes won’t eat anything but acacia leaves, so your KFC is probably safe around them.

I wonder what was included in their test food items? I bet fried chicken wasn’t even mentioned.

:smiley:

I had someone else’s leftover KFC and gave it to my pets. All of them ate it except one of the cats. I’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old and in that time he has never encountered chicken, whereas my other pets were adults when I got them. Maceo sniffed the chicken, wrinkled up his nose, and flounced away. This is the same cat who will eat styrofoam, so what does THAT tell you about KFC?

That KFC needs to go back to the old-school styrofoam fast-food containers from the early 80s.

IANAMoOWKH but aren’t cheetas adverse to carrion? I’d venture a guess that if you stuck a bucket of mixed extra crispy and original out on the plains that a cheetah would give it a sniff and pass it up but that if you put that same bucket on a hilltop, tilted it over and caused a bunch of fried breast to tumble down the hill that a cheetah would catch one and snarf it right up.

That’s a good point. I thought that Boa Constrictors and other large snakes will only eat live prey? So perhaps KFC would be a non-starter for them.

Cite? :wink:

Cats.

Well my cat.

Cat Chow, ice cream and eggs yolks is all she’ll eat.

Oh, and insects.

I mean she would probably eat a chicken if she could catch it first, but she wouldn’t wait for it to be fried.

I Am Not A Man of Odd “Wild Kingdom” Habits?

Daniel

:smack: I am not a Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom Hoosiwatchit, of course.

Daniel