Is there any medical guidance about people who've had CAR T-cell therapy donating blood?

This doesn’t directly apply to me, I had blood cancer (lymphoma) so the Red Cross never again wants anything I have on tap anyway, I’m just curious.

(For the onlookers, because if you don’t know what CAR T-cell therapy is you won’t know the answer: CAR T-cell therapy involves removing your T-cells, genetically reprogramming them to kill cells expressing a specific protein (CD19, usually) that the kind of cancer cells you have express, letting them multiply a few thousand fold in a laboratory, and infusing them back into you in a process that makes you smell like creamed corn and puts you at risk of fever-ing and coma-ing yourself to death. Not something to share with others.)

In fact, that first part (the Red Cross’ absolute ban on people who’ve had blood cancer donating blood) leads me to my question: Right now, CAR T-cell therapy is only used for blood cancers, so it’s possible this has never actually come up, but it’s being tried against autoimmune diseases and it looks promising and at least some people with lupus, for example, can donate blood so has the Red Cross gotten ahead of this, possibly in a forum that’s not easy to find with a web search?

I sent this question to the NIH Clinical Center Blood Bank’s inquiry email.

I’ll post their response.

NIH Blood Bank

Oh. I didn’t know you could just email them. Thanks.

There’s also a phone number you can call about donations on this page:

Can I Donate If…?

I don’t know how long the email response time takes.