Is there anyone here who's too young . . .

to remember 9/11?

It occurs to me that 9/11 was about 12.5 years ago, and a kid has to be several years old to understand a huge occurrence like that. Anyone here too young to remember it?

Apparently it was too much for a young librarian here in town to comprehend. Sometime after a medical episode that left my brain like a sieve, I was trying to make a timeline for myself to jog my memory. When I called and asked about 9/11 the guy said, “It was 2004. I’m sure of it.”
:rolleyes:

My daughter was born in August 2001. All she’s ever known is that every so often daddy has to go away for long periods of time.

I very clearly remember Sept 11th (I was 12 then), but in 10th grade (2005) a classmate insisted that it happened in 2002.

My cousin born in 1996 demonstrated that she doesn’t fully understand what happened. She posted on Facebook thanks to “all those who fought for our country that day.” Or maybe she does understand and phrased it strangely. I didn’t bother to clarify.

I was a freshman in high school. At the time, no one understood the seriousness of the situation. We were only told that a plane hit towers in NYC. It was only after watching the news for the rest of the day that we gained perspective on how many innocent lives were lost and what that terrorist act could mean for the future of our country.

Just think of all the poor people born after 9/11, who don’t even get the chance to “Never Forget”.

I remember I was watching my cartoons and suddenly I see two buildings on fire. That was being show in EVERY channel. I was pissed and surprised at the same time. I don’t remember exactly how I felt about that

I get depressed when I think about how the middle school children I work with have lived in a country at war their whole lives, and most of the high schoolers don’t have any recollection of an America that was not at war.

I was a sophomore in highschool at the time, and I was riveted with the coverage. I was really into watching news and politics a lot when I was a kid (loved watching and still remember the whole 2000 election).

Oh, I’m sure they don’t forget; I bet nobody lets them forget something they don’t even remember- we all know that Dec 7th is Pearl Harbor day, even though that happened 73 years ago. I’m sure the kids in the 50s were tired of hearing about it, just like I’m sure kids in the 70s were tired of hearing about JFK’s assassination. (I sure was, anyway).

I don’t understand. Where does daddy go, and why?

And, while we’re at it, who does number two work for?

Oh- I’m guessing daddy’s in the military. Never mind, carry on.

I am not a number! I am a free man!

I joined the Army in 1989 and switched to the National Guard in 1993 till present. I’ve been a few places.

So you and my daughter are the same age.

THANK YOU for your service! :D.

I think that was pretty much the case for the entire country/world.

Most likely, I will be 28 this year.

I was a sophomore and taking a standardized test when the principal went over the PA and said what happened. I thought she was kidding/misinfored/I didn’t believe her and I was very confused.

The one of my friends (kidna sorta) who came to school late said she saw the thing live and…the rest was history

Thanks for all the responses. Too bad nobody actually read my question.