Is there anything that cannot be criticized, or cannot be treated with scepticism ...

Who’s this nobody and why did he believe in gravity?

By whom?

A implies A.

I have a toothache.

I like raspberry ice cream.

Bearing in mind that criticism, skepticism and doubt have three very different definitions, my opinion is that no subject should be above any of the three. Do you think that there are subjects that should not be criticized and/or doubted and/or met with skepticism? If so, what are they?

Of course anything and everything is subject to criticism, skepticism, and doubt. IMO these are far better routes to sure knowledge than acceptance, credulity, and belief–even if each end up at the same conclusion.

I wonder, however, if the OP is referring to a general philosophy of skepticism. If so I think most people would concede that an overaching skepticism is impractical–I can’t spend my day doubting every fact, observation, or sensation that comes my way. If the question is, when do criticism, skepticism, or doubt go too far to live a practical life–well, you got me…

I am skeptical of this answer.

I doubt that.

I don’t think there are subjects that should not be criticized and/or doubted and/or met with skepticism. Why did you think that I can think that there are subjects that should not be criticized and/or doubted and/or met with skepticism?

You brought the topic up in the first place, so it’s only proper that you give your own opinion on it, right?

Do I have to give my own opinion in this section of forum when creating a thread? If so, then I give my opinion; I don’t think there are subjects (or anything) that should not be criticized and/or doubted and/or met with skepticism, including this. You seem to have a formalist attitude even toward creating thread on forums.

Me too.

You can think anything you want. Clearly the OP is not something not subject to criticism. And while you don’t have to offer your opinion, since this thread is rapidly degenerating into a joke thread (is there a word that indicates that this could be an improvement?) you might want to tell us what you mean.

Heavy, man.

That’s a good one.

Light is another.

Both can be criticized: It’s too damn bright in here, causing me to trip over the cat and land on my butt.

Are you sure?

I would say that existence isn’t profitable to question. I mean if you’re a solipsist, you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Mind you, this doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t, but if you’re going to question the very reality we live in, nothing can convince you of anything. Science is meaningless, relationships are meaningless. Even video games!

Not entirely, no. I have my doubts about my doubts, but less so than I do about my certainties.

The act of critique does not require knowledge or wisdom, thus everything can be discounted.
+bonus, one liner. :wink:

It’s no longer one line: http://i.imgur.com/t539I.png