Is there anything that could entice Trump to step down?

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking, back before the primaries/caucuses even started, that Trump didn’t have a real chance at winning the nomination. I thought he didn’t really want to be POTUS and was running for publicity purposes.

So now he has a real shot at it, and it seems he’s thrilled with the idea of being the Top Dog of the Free World.

So is there anything the GOP bigwigs could offer him (or threaten him with) that would make him decide to withdraw from the race? I assume that no matter what the real reason for his withdrawal would be there would easily be a plausible reason that would placate his followers – health issues (either his own or a family member’s) is what immediately comes to mind.

The old ‘find him in bed with a dead girl or a live boy’ is probably about it.

I don’t think that would even stop him.

“Did you get a look at her cans? She definitely looks 18, am I wrong? Tell me if I’m wrong, cuz I don’t think I’m wrong. She’s hot.”

“The kid was dead when I got there. I couldn’t believe it myself. Very sad.”

That sounds uncannily like him…:frowning:

I think he’s been trying to step down for most of the campaign, except that everything he does to try to make the voters reject him has backfired and made him even more popular.

“Has anyone looked into the possibility that the Democrats killed that girl and put her in my bed? I’m not saying that happened. I’m just saying we don’t know.”

Listen, and understand! Donald Trump is out there!
He can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with, he doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear.
And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are fired or you vote for him.

Or he’s dropped into a yuge vat of molten gold . . . that’ll work too.

CMC fnord!

Ripley on Trump…I love it! :slight_smile:

But seriously, not a snowball’s chance in hell.

Unfortunately I don’t see it. He’s an egomaniacal narcissistic. He wants power, prestige, and influence. The US presidency is the most powerful political office pretty much in the entire world. What else would he want that’s more powerful? Maybe if the Pope offered the job to him?

“The Vatican has announced that Pope Donald will not change his name because there is no saint greater than he.”

"His Holiness has published an encyclical making sweeping revisions to the doctrine of clerical celibacy.

“The Most Holy Father also has expressed his intentions of making the architecture of the Vatican City much more ‘yuge and classy, you won’t believe it.’”

lol with a big flashing cross and “Trump” in neon over the entrance to the Basilica of St. Peter.

Trump’s wealth is what gives him his power and self-worth, so take away all his money and holdings (if only). As an added bonus, his followers would see him curl up in the fetal position and cry like a baby.

Yes. He could take Business 101 and learn how to be successful without selling ghostwritten books.

Maybe we could amend the Constitution and create a monarchy. Trump would be king. He’d be happy because it’s a lifetime position with constant attention being given to him. And the rest of us can breathe easier knowing he only has ceremonial power.

I think if there were something that disconnected him from his business empire (can a sitting President have a business empire?) he might decide to step down. He’s always bowed out before he had to show his tax returns. Makes ya wonder.

There’s already a junk food in his honor.

I suspect that the GOP will decide to spend no money on the presidential election and use it all for congressional elections, since they will be scared of getting swamped. And Trump himself has little liquid cash and it is hard to liquidate real estate quickly. Anyway, that is the most realistic threat they can make.

Would you give a mortgage to a 4 times bankrupt?

How did Berlusconi handle it? He’s a close comparison isn’t he? Rich businessman with lots of businesses elected as the leader of a country.

It’s like a high concept pitch for a shitty Adam Sandler direct-to-Netflix movie come to life; a terribly executed The Candidate crossed with The Jerk, as written and directed by Kevin Smith while perpetually bombed out of his skull on Wild Irish Rose. Either that, or it’s the best culture jamming prank ever, with Trump portrayed by a not-particularly life-like puppet by the people who produced Avenue Q, which would incidentally explain his stubby fingers and awkwardness with socially-appropriate facial expressions.

Stranger