Is There Such A Thing As "Canadian Food"?

That might not have been mentioned because (as far as I know) only Ontario has milk in bags.

You know, if I buy a sandwich, they’ll probably butter both sides of the bread, but I don’t know of anyone who does that for themselves.

I don’t understand. From bags?

It’s almost predictable…

Yes. Bags.

Well, I for one have had moose in Canada. And elk sausage, on a pizza. (All home cooking with rural relatives, though.) Also, there’s a kind of bun somewhere between an American dinner roll and a British bap that my great-aunt used to make. I’ve never found them in the U.S., but there’s some in the grocery stores here. I think Safeway calls them “Scottish buns” or some such. And as posters said above, I remember the hotdogs (and sometimes tomatoes) in the mac and cheese, and smarties.

ETA: I remember buttered bread for sandwiches, too. British people also do this.

Ahem, Quebec pizza should be the All-dressed : pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, cheese. If you want to make it Montreal-style, add smoked meat.

Most restaurants that serve milk usually do it from bags in the US too. The bags hold about 5 gallons of milk and have a thick straw at the bottom. You slide the bag into the dispenser machine and place the straw through a pincher (don’t know the tech term) and then slice off the end of the straw.

Not the same. A Calgary Red-Eye is only beer and tomato juice (or, more and more often now, clamato juice). But no spices, no sauces, no lime, no ice, no salt. Your beer is served to you, along with a little carafe of tomato juice. You add the juice yourself.

I had a Calgary Red-Eye once. I don’t think I’ll have another.

Aside to carnut: It’s Molson Brador. Not Labatt’s.

:smack: It’s been so long since I have had a beer, I can’t keep my brands straight. Of course you are correct.