Is this grounds for thread closure?

One last time, say it with me everyone …

Did you somehow forget the first modnote to you?

Also … Flag the threadshitters, don’t Jr. Mod and act like a jerk.

Well now you know for the future at least.

The problem as I saw it was that you didn’t want any comments in a debate thread that didn’t agree with you. You made some assertions, I pointed out how case law says that was incorrect, and you just handwaved them off.

Yes it is pretty important in any gun debate if the United States Supreme Court has said your proposal is unconstitutional, even if you disagree with the Court. To call that hijacking and threadshitting is pretty amazing.

Before we go about wasting both your time and ours, would those posts about mental health have been moderated and asked to no longer be posted in the thread? Would the posts claiming that since you could buy a gun from a catalogue in 1925 means that gun control doesn’t work have been noted?

How much effort should be put into reporting a hijack? Can I just post and say, “This is a hijack”? or do I have to go deep into context as to the intent of the thread, and how the post in question tries to pull away from that intent? Would a moderator have to read the thread in order to make that determination?

If flagging hijacks doesn’t result in moderator activity, we are back where we started, just with an implicit moderator approval of said hijacks.

I did not ignore the first mod note. My subsequent post was an attempt to clarify my position while staying within the limits laid out in that mod note. It seems that one or both of us miscommunicated or misunderstood the other.

And frankly I think your tone of derision and sarcasm in this thread is unbecoming to your position as a mod. The friction I caused 15 years ago was 100% down to my tone of sarcasm and derision.

I have seen Mods come in and Note to stop the hijack. This is fairly common. I have been so noted myself. If the hijack continued a warning was given.

OK, please don’t assume we’re familiar with every thread. We have 3 GD/P&E mods and all of us cover other threads also. So yes, a flag should give more than just This is a hijack.

Something like: This post and these 2 prior posts are taking the thread off the subject as the Op isn’t about mental health. works much better.

I really am not up to reading through the thread for the possible mental health hijack, but it sounds like if flagged early, we would’ve modnoted them to stop.

The general rule around here is attack the post, not the poster. Treat other users with respect in ATMB. Do not attack other posters.

You can’t Pit mods for their moderation. You can discuss pretty much any moderation, but you can’t just bitch about mods in ATMB either.

We’re done here.