It looks like I need back surgery! What can I expect?

I have been diagnosed with Osteo something or another. Not Osteoporosis. The doctor mentioned weakening bones and I think he said spine twisting? I’m not sure, but it’s not the sciatica I thought I was experiencing.

The doctor said I have other spine issues as well and will need surgery. I’m waiting for an appointment to get an MRI.

So, even though I don’t know all the details yet, I’m sort of concerned and wondering if you guys have any advice or something?

I know you aren’t my doctor, etc…

Thanks y’all.

If it were me, I would be focusing on recovery. Do whatever physical therapy they assign to you and more, cheerfully and vigorously, if you want to regain full mobility. Both of my parents failed to keep up with physical therapy when they got old, my father’s was for spinal stenosis, and he never walked properly after that (on the other hand, he was about 80 when he had the operation).

On a side note, I keep seeing TV ads for Laser Spine Institute, and although I am innately suspicious of anyone who advertises that much, I am also curious of there is anything to it.

Great question/username combo.

I can’t advise you without more info, like what your problem actually is. So good luck with that.

Well thanks to both of you. I guess I will have to wait for more information before trying for a better response to my concerns.

Thanks again.

Here’s some “osteo-somethings” to consider:

Osteitis
Osteoarthritis
Osteoblastoma
Osteochondritis
Osteochondrodysplasias
Osteochondroma
Osteochondromatosis
Osteochondrosis
Osteolysis
Osteoma
Osteomalacia
Osteomyelitis
Osteonecrosis
Osteopetrosis
Osteopoikilosis
Osteoradionecrosis
Osteosarcoma
Osteosclerosis

Ring any bells?

No, not at all, but I am not sure how most of those are pronounced. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the effort. I’ll try to get to the office on Monday for a copy of the report. He has put me on a steroid in the meanwhile.