It seems too good to be true but apparently it is true. (Free Carnival cruise)

Thanks. This is nothing compared to what’s going on on the cruise board.

Pit of liver-spotted vipers, is it?

I have to say that was my first thought as well. To me, “free holiday” usually spells “sales pitch”, so I don’t see why you think it’s funny. If I had got that letter I’d be expecting the anchor to drop and a cohort of salesmen from the Carnival Cruise Affiliated Lifestyle Golf & Spa Aparthotel Club to swarm into the lounge and hold us hostage for hours.
But then I have never been on a cruise and know very little about the cruise industry, so perhaps that just isn’t a thing that happens?

If it had come from anyone but Carnival then yes, I’d expect to be locked in condo hell. Cruises just don’t work that way. Once you’re on the boat, you’re on your own and free to do whatever you want other than the mandatory muster drill.

Arghhhh!!!

I didn’t get anything in the mail, but got a call offering a free Carnival Cruise a week or two ago. I was at work and they called my cell phone, so I politely told them I wasn’t interested and hung up quick before I got the details (I’m certain it was the same thing though, because I remember “by March 1” being part of the initial spiel. Guess who’s feeling dumb now! I had just taken a cruise with them over Christmas so I figured I ended up on some marketing list and it was a scam and didn’t give it a second thought.

Nars, when you went on the Carnival website, did you see it listed under special offers, or did you have to book the cruise first and only THEN see the free offer? I just logged in per your suggestion, but the only offer I see is the free 2 category upgrade. Dang, guess I missed out by outright declining it over the phone.

IIRC, I saw it on the initial offers page but only after I gave it my wife’s VIFP #. There’s a link to look up other people’s numbers so if I were you, I’d check everyone that’s sailed with you. Like I said, this offer was for my wife, not me. I logged into the website but it gave me her offer after I looked her up.