It was a naked TIT. And by God someone is going to pay, and pay big.

Specifically, that someone is CBS. They have just been ordered to pay a fine of $550,000 for the wardrobe malfunction at last January’s Superbowl. While I am sick of American body-phobia and puritanism, I do appreciate the fact that it was inappropriate to rip Janet Jackson’s bodice off her, so to speak, during what some see as a family TV event. I would understand if the FCC wanted to fine Justin Timberlake, and possibly Jackson, since they were the ones who were immediately responsible for the incident. By this time, they have probably been punished enough in the court of public opinion.

But what’s really stupid is that the network is being fined. How could they have possibly foreseen or prevented The Attack Of The Bare Breast? Were they supposed to go prodding Janet Jackson’s top to make sure there was no way it could be ripped off? Is that going to become a new standard procedure with female performers in all live broadcasts? Why do they need to be punished? Is it just because we need a scapegoat, to defend our godly morals?

Cite

They just need a scapegoat.

I’m willing to prod Janet Jackson’s top if it will help society out.

See the sacrifices I’m willing to take for this great country?

Janet and Justin are totally fine. The amount of play it will get in the 2004 wackiest moments, and I love the 00’s was easily worth it.

Oy! :rolleyes: Now, Janet-of-the-escutcheoned-breast is going to have to insure her boobs for $1.1 million. :wink:

Poor CBS . And then there’s Dan Blather.

Well, it goes a long way to explain Madonna’s pinecone bras. Nobody’d want to grab those suckers.

'course, then, on the other end of the scale, is Wendy O’Williams…

WARNING - link involves a bare bum.

Compare that to Australia. Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins (AUS) stepped on her skirt and removed it, revealing her thong. It was all shown on TV here without alarm. We were subjected to this without any fines.

Apparently there is a more revealing front shot.

Wow. I can’t wait to see how much the FCC fines Jimmy Swaggart for that little advocating hate crimes thing.

chirp chirp chirp

The thing that really amazed me about this is that she hadn’t bared her breasts on TV before this happened.

I don’t even agree that the boob flash was inapprpriate. Not one child in human history has ever been harmed by the sight of a tit.

Don’t jump the gun here. I Love the 00’s probably won’t even air until November.

But I want it now!

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh…

I disagree. That looks mighty fines to me.

But…but…it was a BREAST! And it was NAKED! It was a NAKED BREAST on NETWORK TV! And you don’t see what’s wrong with that?

Tell me Diogenes, why do you hate America’s children?

Heeeeyy! Now here’s an idea: How about we get Janet to host the CBS Evening News and Dan can dance or whatever at next year’s Superbowl halftime?

Yea, I know it’s not very believeable. Dan? Dance? :dubious:

What’s the rhythm, Kenneth?

Timberlake and Jackson don’t hold the FCC licenses and didn’t air the offensive material. CBS did, and, under the law, a licensee is responsible for the programming it airs.
And, Larry Mudd, if you want to complain about Swaggart’s statement, the FCC’s toll free number is 1-888-225-5322. But, again, even if it did air in the US (the link just talks about it airing in Canada), if anyone gets fined, it’ll be the broadcaster, not Swaggart.

Inexplicably, JiSM TV is carried by BET in the States. You’d think The Janet Jackson’s Boob Hour of Power would have a better shot.

(I don’t think us furriners can complain to US regulatory bodies, though.)

You can if you want. We’ll just ignore you. (Damn furriners! Dey dook ur jobs!) :wink: