It's a official...I'm a geek

I just did my first fdisk and format today.

Just felt like sharing that with someone.
I feel so damn proud right now.

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Does that mean I’m not a geek?

Congratulations, anyway! :slight_smile:

Cristi, Slayer of Peeps

I made my husband join a bridge club. He jumps next Tuesday.

(title & sig courtesy of UncleBeer and WallyM7!)

You are not a geek until you fully screw up your machine via the BIOS and are able to fix it even though you have no idea WTH you did.

Then you are a geek.

But proud that you could accomplish what you did :slight_smile:

Ummm, 2041 posts on the SD board definatly makes you a geek…

I usually only have to do that when I REALLY screw things up… :slight_smile:

No, Inky, having that many posts doesn’t make me a geek. It just means I have no life. :slight_smile:

Cristi, Slayer of Peeps

I made my husband join a bridge club. He jumps next Tuesday.

(title & sig courtesy of UncleBeer and WallyM7!)

Congratulations on passing Stage One of your geek training, concrete.

For Stage Two, get a bootable 5.25" diskette (say, from an old copy of DOS or OS/2 you have lying around), copy it onto a 3.5" diskette, and make the 3.5" diskette boot properly. This will require a binary disk sector editor, such as the Norton Utilities, so that you can alter the boot sector (sector 0, track 0, side 0) of the 3.5" disk. HINT: There first 3 bytes of the boot sector are a JMP instruction, but the next 20 or so bytes after that are a bunch of codes for the size of the disk, the number of sectors per track, etc. (i.e. not all of the boot sector is real-mode machine instructions). You’ll have to look up the right couple of byte codes to alter and how to alter them in a low-level programming or O/S book, perhaps from the old Peter Norton publishing line.