It's Dolly Parton Day! 9 2 5

So it’s officially Dolly Day. What are you doing to celebrate?
Dolly Day
On Friday, September 25, Nashville celebrates Dolly Day, honoring Dolly Parton’s legacy of kindness, generosity, and music. Wear pink, spread kindness, and enjoy “9 to 5” at 5pm, Dolly-inspired specials, pink lights, and Dolly posters across the city. Free buttons, stickers, and bookmarks will be available while supplies last at Visitor Information Centers at Bridgestone Arena and Fifth + Broadway, with fireworks downtown at 9:25pm.

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are helping lead the way, pledging to donate all 9/25 proceeds from their Friends in Low Places Bar & Honky-Tonk to the Nashville Public Library and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library as part of Dolly Day.

StG

I didn’t follow her career closely but one couldn’t avoid knowing some of her music, and certainly her philanthropy. I will wait and see when an opportunity to help comes by, maybe a library donation. Growing up books were some of my favorite things.

So, it’s not her birthday or anything, they chose the date because of her movie.

Or her song.

Her birthday (Jan 19) was also celebrated as Dolly Parton Day in TN per gubernatorial edict. Tennesseans take Dolly seriously, even before her death.

StG

So Washington and Lincoln have to share one day between them while Dolly gets two all to herself. Seems fair to me.

They’ve also just agreed to rename the Nashville airport the Dolly Parton Airport. They haven’t come up with the exact name, and they’re leaving BNA designation, but it’s definitely being renamed after Dolly.

StG

That’s cool!

So who’s getting bumped off of Mt. Rushmore so Dolly can have his place? I nominate Roosevelt.

I nominate any president who owned slaves. That not only makes room for Dolly, but also Betty White.

I like the cut of your jib!