"Its not fair! Its not fair!"

I just saw a little parody of this on family guy (there was one brain-cell left and he was about to read books, but then his glasses broke and he starts crying) and was wondering where it was from. I’ve seen other shows make some jokes too.

(Also, is there a name for the song that played at the end of “The Hulk” the series?)

This is from a classic Twilight Zone episode starring Burgess Meredith as the last man on earth, who’s a bookworm. He doesn’t care that he’s alone because now he has time enough at last to read everything he always wanted to read. Then he breaks his glasses.

We did this exact thread less than a month ago, but I can’t find it right now. Time to throw a cat in with the hamsters.

The episode is called “Time Enough at Last” about a nebish of a bank teller who is the vault reading when a nuclear holocaust happens. He now has time enough at last to read all he wants to read, but breaks his glasses.

The last reply was only four days ago, actually.

Futurama version:

Man: [rejoices that everyone is now dead and he has time to read all the books. His glasses fall off and break] It’s not fair! It’s not fair! Wait, my eyes aren’t that bad. I can still read the large-print books. [eyeballs fall out] It’s not fair! It’s not fair! Well, lucky I know how to read Braille. [hands fall off] AAAAHHH! [tongue falls out, head falls off] Hey, look at that wierd mirror.

Bender: [watching episode on television] Tsk. Done in by his own hubris.