It's official. You no longer have property rights.

I was going to put this in Great Debates, but I realized there’s no fucking way I’ll be able to mind my manners while talking about this.

The Supreme Court made a disastrous decision today:

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2005/06/23/ap2108406.html

Thanks to this supremely corrupt and stupid decision, the rich can now confiscate the property of the middle class and the poor. This decision comes hot on the heels of an equally corrupt and stupid decision Congress made some months ago in gutting the bankruptcy laws.

Basically, the government is giving the rich a license to steal. There’s no fucking way this law won’t be abused.

You don’t live in America any more. You living a fucking third world kleptocracy. You have no fucking property rights. Any rich bastard with political connections can take your property and pay you peanuts for it.

IS THERE NO WAY TO PUT A STOP TO THIS??!?

That does not sound like a good idea. So your house is located where some developer wants to put a strip mall, and once he makes his case to whatever courts are involved, he tosses you “fair market value” for your house and you’re out?

Is this the same thing being discussed over here? That one seems to be just in Connecticut.

Yep, that’s pretty much it. Anyone with political connections in your local government can force you out of your home so he can enrich himself. Disgusting, isn’t it?

Is this the same thing?

Damnit! Ethilrist beat me.

We already have an active thread on this topic in the Pit.