It's Pancake Day!

I had pancakes last night. But I made them American style, and served them with bacon and scrambled eggs.

I made some pancakes last night and they were delicious. Lemon and sugar or nutella were on offer and we stuffed our faces. For some strange reason, we won’t repeat the experience until next year.

In related news, the parties in Northern Ireland narrowly missed out on concluding the Pancake Tuesday Agreement last night;).

If only they’s call it that it would solve all the probs IMO.

No pancakes for me. I stuck to guinness.

For all you Paczki lovers out there…

I had a strawberry (w/berries) & powdered sugar yesterday.
Today when I got to work there were still 3 dozen left.
Today’s Paczki was raspberry w/glaze.

Where’s the drooling smilie?

Well, last night I made some of the worst pancakes ever (I’ve never made them before) but still pretty good. Not a bad tradition there.
They had butter and syrup, of course.

Not even if Guinness is in the pancakes?

Found a Guinness-specific recipe.

Whoo-hoo! Kansas beats the British again in the annual battle of the pancake racers!

http://cjonline.com/stories/030503/kan_pancake.shtml

Does anyone else have the ‘p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pancake day’ song stuck in their heads whenever they hear the word pancake?
just me then.

And the English winner of that pancake race was blatently cheating, there’s no way she could’ve held a pancake in that pan at that angle :dubious:

Holy CRAP that’s expensive!!! :eek:

Even before I became a vegetarian I’d have disagreed with you here. Pancakes are waaaay better than turkey.

Tuco, you wouldn’t believe how seriously folks take the race. The English winner couldn’t have been cheating because there is no way to do so, with so many witnesses. She may have had the pan angled in that way because she was flipping the pancake at the time. I think the racers have to flip two or three times during the race.

Obviously, Opal is fundamentally insane.

Pancakes are better than turkey? That’s just crazy talk.

Waffles are better than pancakes, and roast turkey is better than waffles.

I trust I’ve made my point.

Cool Jeff Olsen I’ll have to try them out some time. I’ve nothing against pancakes at all, in fact I really like them with or without guinness :wink:

Perhaps cheating was the wrong word, it just seems to me that on that picture the woman is just running with a frying pan in her hand.