iTunes help

I agree. I have never needed to do so in the past. As of about 3 weeks ago, every single time I try to listen to music that is already on the device it tells me I have to turn on downloading over my carrier. The music is still there but I can’t play it unless have I have an Internet connection. I hates Apple. For this at least. As I type on my iPad with my iPhone next to me. :rolleyes:

It’s unclear why you didn’t see your tracks when you did the copy, but why didn’t you use iTunes’ function to add to library? You just select the function from the file menu and select the folder or file you want to add. You could have done that over the network if your Macbook and Powerbook are sharing files.

I suppose your iTunes versions aren’t close enough but there is also the ability to see other iTunes libraries if both Macs are logged in to the same iTunes account and turn on music sharing.

You mean like this?

Sorry, I read it as you did a file copy into the media folder that had the existing track.
Maybe the sort order in iTunes’ Music display was such that you didn’t see the new files. Are the artist/album names the same as what was there before? I’ve had that when the Gracenote list is “cleaner” than the name on a track I downloaded from ostensibly the same album. I have over 15,000 tracks in iTunes, so added tracks sometimes aren’t immediately obvious.

I don’t know how many tracks I have. A week or two playing non-stop, anyway.

The CD tracks are showing up now. I used the same procedure to upload four more CDs that I’ve had lying about. Not sure where they are. I think at this point I need to get that external drive and try that. Or else take the computer into the shop and say, ‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?’

Wow, you really do go out of your way to try to get things done in a way that they shouldn’t be done.

Just drag the songs out of iTunes on one computer, transfer to the other, drag them into iTunes on that computer.

Drag and drop. It’s the Mac way.

This drive arrived the other day, and I used it tonight. iTunes was able to upload from it.

A couple of things: The files on the driver CD will not run on OS X. Windows only. Apparently you need to load it in order for the Eject button to work. But I can eject from the Finder window.

I have a very simple solution: Download the cd on the internet and copy the files to your itunes library. I don’t have a cd drive (MacBook Pro user) and I am too lazy to boot up my old laptop. And well, I usually buy my music from platforms like bandcamp anyways, so I always get the downloads.