I've just applied a liberal layer of self-tanner.

Vichy brand, to be specific.

Why would I do this you ask? Well, today, my oh-so-lovely chocolate brown SO accused me of having “translucent” legs.

So white they’re blue, he said. You could blind people with the glare, he said.

Now probably, my best course of action would have been to beat him about the head and ears with a soggy letuce leaf and move on. Instead, I have opted for this route.

I think there are 3 possible outcomes:

1 - In one hour, I will be a beautiful Bahama-Mama

2 - In one hour, I will be a not-so-beautiful pumpkin

3 - In one hour, I will look exactly the same.

I am currently accepting bets - I’m laying 2-1 odds on #2 being the winner.

Anyone? Anyone?

I’m thinking orange.

WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

REPEAT!!!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You willing to put a wager on that? :wink:

Done. I actually knew that. :slight_smile:

Well, how’d it go? I played with self-tanner a few weeks ago. In some light it looked fine, in others I was a bit orange. Decided it wasn’t worth the trouble except for special occassions. So are you oompah loompah-ish or caramel colored goodness?

BadBaby - it’s just starting to develop now.

I will now comence contemplating my slowly emerging shade while nibbling on a vanilla wafer.

::nibble nibble::

I’ve been thinking of taking the plunge and doing this ! I won’t place a bet, but I am interested in how it turns out and what you think of the whole thing.

Enjoy your wafer :slight_smile:

Humm.

Well.

I think I may resemble someone who has seen the sun, through a window, at some point, within the last month.

Not exactly a Bahama Mama, but my legs are perhaps less glaring.

I think I’ll go to sleep with the stuff on and hope for the best!

Wish me luck! :smiley:

If you like, I’ll savagely beat your chocolate SO with a bottle of his own tanning lotion.

And I like being corpse-white.

Me too, if only because it is far less painful than my other color, Lobster Red.

More sun, and I develop a blistered texture, more pain, and the ability to peel off skin in large sheets.

You shouldn’t be ashamed of your whiteness, Alice. Some very important people in history were white.
I can’t think of any famous orange people, though.
Oh, wait, there was William of Orange.
Besides, “white” rhymes with a lot of things, but if you turn orange, no poet on earth will be able to praise your beauty.

So, I have mucho curiousity. Did you just apply this to your legs? If so, ahem how far up? I’ve been interested in self tanner, but a little afraid that I would go hog wild, covering every square inch of me (so, for instance, my legs wouldn’t be tan whilst my arms were still white?).

Also, did you say you were going to sleep with the self tanner on? What color/shade are you now?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Ok - I’m up. Lets check this out…

::hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm::

Well, it’s not too bad.

I’m sort of tan looking. (I did my legs, arms and shoulders/neck/clavical area - just the stuff that will show when I go to work)

Well. It’s not to bad at all. I had some scratches on my feet from some sandles that are a bit darker, but I think they’ll be hidden…

Not to bad at all.

Ok. I’m gonna have a shower, and I’ll let you know if it washes off or anything…

How the hell are we supposed to get the self tanner “experience” without the pertinent JPEGS?

Don’t you want to put it all over yourself?

I have used several brands of self-tanning - Ban de Soliel, Neutrogena, and I am currently using one that has chambers of lotion separate from colorant that I like a lot. I am not at home so I can’t go look. Coppertone, maybe?

Most brands aren’t orangey anymore. The biggest annoyance I find is they all smell very strong. It can be very difficult to apply without getting streaks. You have to avoid putting much on tougher skin, like elbows and knees.

You wouldn’t apply it all over because it is expensive and difficult to do to look natural because different parts of skin need different levels of application.

I found this website that has reviews of several brands and a "product picker"link

i’m sure that you are a pretty lady…but this conjured up a very funny image. I imagine your SO will think that it is…interesting. :slight_smile:

-stonebow, the cinnamon-colored hubby of a gloriously translucent, sexy lady

My boobs have never been tanned. I see no reason to start now. :smiley: