Between 2017 and 2020 I recorded 12 of my own pieces (piano or piano/vocal) as a playlist, modern equivalent of an album.
Hadn’t done any since (focused on writing books and being an author) but our choir declared in favor of a fundraiser consisting of us paying an entry fee to sing solos or duets or whatever, and that got me thinking I should redo a song I composed and recorded back in 1982 and see if I could get a better-quality recording (including video) and that kind of got the ball rolling. Now I’ve done a second composition, a three-part harmony song I made an unlistenably bad-quality recording of back around 1987. Recorded the piano then each verse of each part separately as a pair of stereo tracks then mixed them all down.
And I’ve got a third in the pipeline
There’s a song I wrote in the early 80s I never recorded and don’t entirely remember the words to but it’s worth reconstructing and seeing what I can make of it.
Here’s the first two tracks for a new playlist: