jab1 -- time to eat crow

The following quote is from the thread “Kansas vote on Evolution”, page 7.

My reason for posting it here is to attempt to ensure that jab1 sees it. Today being Sunday, I don’t expect he will have access to it before tomorrow. Please bear with me here until jab1 makes some sort of response.

You are forgiven.

I was fooled by DrFidelius, totally and completely. (crow tastes best with a light breading, baked at 350 degrees for twenty-five minutes, I’ve found…)

The library is open today from 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. I’ll do my best to stay here the whole time. Competition for the computers can be fierce on Sundays.

The last few days have made me realize that I sometimes take things WAY too seriously and take people EXACTLY at their words too often.

I will be careful in the future. And I will make a better effort to live by my sig line.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Sorry about that, jab. You happened into the conversation when I was in a particularly, um, frivolous mood. I know I let it go too long, but what the hell.

You know, I almost wish I didn’t have scruples. I think I could make a living doing that, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

DrFidelius: YOU, Sir, are a disingenuously ingenious. You had a lot of people fooled, even me, well, almost! thanks for the yucks!

I’m not sure if I was “fooled,” but I certainly was confused for a few posts. I almost went back to re-read the whole thread, just so I could make sure I knew where Dr. Fidelius stood!

In any case, I have to give Jab1 a pat on the back: you’ve given an excellent example of how to “take it in stride.” Welcome to the board!

Rich

Oh, Gawrsh…! (Digging toe in the dirt)

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Yes jab, welcome. Hellfire, even The Wife doesn’t put up with me being an ass for that long…

Well, of course not. If you’re an ass to The Wife, she automatically assumes you don’t love her anymore and divorces you.

Not that I’m bitter.

Dr F. - I just re-read the entire Kansas Board thread. “Brilliantly devilish” is all I can say. You had me very, very confused, and I’m real glad I didn’t jump in. I’ll read everything you post from here on out with that little extra grain of salt on my tounge. Nice work.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

As I told you, Doc, you’re going to have to start borrowing some of Dex’s sigs or disclaimers.

Tom~