James Bond

Clark, I don’t know if you’ve seen The World Is Not Enough, but you definitely see both sides that you have described in that movie. I won’t say any more for fear of spoiling it for somebody who hasn’t seen it yet, though.

Trivia Note: The bad guys in The Spy Who Loved Me were supposed to have been Blofeld and SPECTRE again, but the rights to those characters were owned by Kevin McClory after the Thunderball dispute. So Karl Stromberg, shipping magnate, was created.

The movie Spy was totally different from the novel. It was told in first-person from the POV of a young British woman who meets and falls in love with and is rescued by Bond in the Adirondacks. Fleming dis-liked his novel and specified that any movie made with the title use a totally different plot.

>< DARWIN >
__L___L

David:

Yes, I have seen “The World is Not Enough” (lousy title) and was pleasantly surprised that it mixed the dashing, adventurous Bond with the cold-blooded, professional Bond. I was very impressed with Brosnan for handling both sides of the character.

Although I’m no expert, I would say this was the best Bond movie in 25 years or so – since the earlier Moore movies.

Up, up and away!