Jeopardy! Season 40

I think I heard that will start up in December.

ETA: I found this:

Unless the show decides to wait until the new year, fresh clues and post-strike episodes could begin as soon as Tuesday, December 19. The Season 39 “postseason” will begin at that point before segueing to kick off Season 40. The postseason is comprised of Season 39 Second Chance, Season 39 Champions Wildcard, and the Tournament of Champions.

Is nobody watching Jeopardy anymore?

So, so quiet here!

While I admit I’m getting a little sick of the second chance games, it’s still Jeopardy!

MtM

I’m still watching. I’ll even probably watch Celebrity Jeopardy! tonight (it is the final so the contestants have won two games)

Brian

Yep, still watching. I was going to comment on something the other day but now I’ve forgotten what it was. :slight_smile:

Mrs Maven & I still watch Jeopardy! every day. We are enjoying the Second Chance Tournament, but not as much as regular Jeopardy!

We also enjoy Celebrity Jeopardy! because of, not in spite of, its lighthearted approach. It’s an interesting change of pace, but no substitute for the real thing.

Recently Ken said that after this Second Chance Tournament is finished they will begin THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS! Hurray!

People are still watching. But all of the discussion seems to be in this thread (even though it’s now out of date):

Watching Celebrity Jeopardy tonight, and it was enjoyable. They seemed to be taking it more seriously and actually playing the game, although I recognized only one “celebrity”.

I recognized none of them, and the winner was a real irritant.

On Jeopardy none of the three contestants tonight bet anything for the (fairly easy) final question. That must have happened many times before, but I can’t really recall when.

Well, the game was a runaway, the winner advances in the tournament but doesn’t keep her winnings, and the second and third place players get the same amount of money. So there was really no reason for anybody to bet anything.

But I definitely didn’t find the FJ easy. I’m not really up on world heritage sites, and had no idea whatsoever what’s on Cambodia’s flag.

The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, you youngsters! Now use Eftsoons in a sentence!

I did get the FJ tonight, but then, I have a passing interest in vexillology, and there are very few World Heritage Sites on national flags. In fact, that’s the only one I can think of, off the top of my head.

Memes don’t wait.
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1ajyp52/todays_jeopardy_winner_celebrating/

“Rime”.

I went out to eat tonight at a burger place. They had Jeopardy! showing on a TV, but with the sound turned down. I could read the clues, but couldn’t hear the responses. As I was walking in, it was a clue about Billy Wilder. That also struck me as one that us geezers would know.

I checked j-archive when I got home. I got a few triple stumpers. I even got the one about the Fred Hutchinson cancer center, but the image links on j-archive didn’t work. I went to a great outdoor concert at a tiny park across the street from Fred Hutch many years ago.

I didn’t know anything about the flag, but I got it pretty quickly. 12th century Asian World Heritage Site, Angkor Wat was the first one that came to mind.

But only on the last clue. It was exciting (?) to see her keep adding to her total, finally barely getting over the hump just in time. The other contestants were certainly good sports about it.

It’s fun to see some contestants be so unabashedly happy. Her interview said that she learned a lot from doing her podcasts; I should try to find them. I wonder if her California vocal fry comes through in them.

Probably worse. She’ll be using headphones, her podcasting mic and probably her “radio voice”. But for me, I didn’t notice her vocal fry. Also upspeak doesn’t bother me on Jeopardy! because it’s right there in the rules. You have to ask the question.

When a contestant upspeaks, I infer that they are uncertain of their response. It is an implied meta-question of “Is this correct?”

Something happened on Thursday’s FJ that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before.

• It was a triple-stumper (happens often)
  • All three contestants gave the same incorrect response (rare, but it happens)
  • The identical incorrect responses were one letter away from the correct response!

The correct response was “I Walk the Line.”
They all wrote “Walk the Line.”

I assumed it was because that’s the title of the biopic