Jesus Bricker, you just can't stop, can you?

I noticed the same thing (adjusted for time differences) when I checked this, and I’m tempted to ask over in ATMB what specifically is meant by “last activity.” Does it mean the last time a thread was viewed? the last time the poster logged out? the last time the poster turned his computer off without logging out? the last time the poster closed a browser window with the SDMB active?

So many possibilities.

That said, I went to the linked thread, and tried to find something where Bricker talked about case law covering allowable governmental actions in the case of solar shutdown. 'toon, you snookered me, ya SOB! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I think he just likes to think of himself as a fan.

His first name, as far as I’ve been able to discern, is Rick.

Yes, and you’ll never guess what his middle names are! :wink:

Didn’t Lewis vs. Massachussetts (1911) establish that it is illegal to loiter inside the sun?

My first brother and I grew up thinking our names were heyyou and goddamnit.

“First brother”? What happened to him? Did your parents send him back for a warranty issue and the manufacturer replaced him with a newer model?

Having eight younger siblings, I tend to refer to them (outside the family) in numerical order. Just a style I’ve got. My second brother is the baby of the family, and thought his name was sweetie.

Outside of the Sun, a dog is Man’s best friend.

Inside the Sun, there’s just too much pressure to allow for building long lasting, close relationships.

Oh, how I long for the strong nuclear force!

I would totally not be surprised. Betcha he can walk on water, too.

No, he’s not sinking. Look. See. Water. Under his feet. Technically, he’s walking on it. Admittedly, he’s reached neutral buoyancy, but he’s got water under his feet, and he is making walking motions.

Just trying to keep my SDMB scorecard up to date. Is Cartooniverse now the paladin of the SDMB? I don’t see how he has any dog in this fight and yet here is the pitting.

You do realize that SDSAB just means that they have written Staff Reports in the past right? (Also former Mods get this title) I have never seen Bricker or anyone else throw this around as some sort of special qualification. Bricker has written some staff reports. Pretty good ones if I recall correctly.

He also thinks that Colin Farrel is a pedophile because he kissed a sixteen year old girl on the cheek in The New World.

Well, i went to his post, clicked on his name, and hit the link that said “Find all posts by Bricker.”

The resulting list—which is in reverse chronological order—shows that his last actual post to this board was the post for which he is being criticized in this thread. And that is still the case now, at 2.37 p.m. Eastern US Time.

Not hardly. And, I don’t go around making any effort to see when a poster was or was not last online. Uh… that is over the top, IMHO. Nice, to have a life. I’ve got one too. No doubt he does as well. At some point, he may or may not see this Pitting. It doesn’t matter much if he does, since he won’t go back in there and apologize for shitting on that guy’s post with an attitude not exactly in keeping with Straight Dope Scientific Advisory Board tone.

We’re here to fight ignorance, not to shit on people. If he wanted to shit on the OP’er, he would have been within his rights to come in here to the Pit and pit the guy. Fine. But in that thread? In G.Q. ? Sorry. Doesn’t fly, and this is not the first time he’s come sailing in obnoxiously. I’m not the only one waiting for an apology for the vitriol spewed out during the best/worst of the Duke rape/Nifong threads.

No, I pitted him because of a well-recognized pattern of absolute statements and absolute refusals to admit he was incorrect.

Fine. He knows the law. Mazel Tov. However, he has never proved to us that his area of expertise ( and the area he is relied upon to provide assistance in SDSAB ) is even remotely connected to Astronomy. So. Read the OP again, then read his post again with care.

I wasn’t pitting him because he gave a wrong answer, I was pitting him because of his incredibly snarky shitting of the poster he quoted in his post. Everyone makes mistakes, and either admits it or gets called on it and then admits it.

Everyone but our dear Bricker.

Loach, that’s an interesting post you threw in there. Last time I checked, The Pit is the place to flame other posters as well as issues and ideas. As for hawthorne and Miller, you guys are precious.

The best you can come up with by way defending Bricker’s behaviors is to whine about past posts of mine? --grin-- Well, nicely done fellahs. You sure put me in my place. :slight_smile:

None of which changes the simple fact that his behavior really was shitty in there.

You know, there are a lot of decaffinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Stranger

I don’t generally make a habit of it either.

But if you specifically accuse someone of being a “spineless cocksucker” for not returning to a thread to correct an error, then you should first check whether that person’s absence is due to spinelessness, or might be explained by the fact that he hasn’t actually been at the computer.

Point very well taken.

When I see him go in there, admit that Chronos explained it properly and his slamming of the OP’er was utternly without scientific proof or validity, I will be delighted to come in here and withdraw my pitting and ask the thread to be locked.

In other news, pigs grow wings, give eagles a run for their money. Film at 11:00 :rolleyes:

Yeah. I’m familiar with what SDSAB means. I’ve read Staff Reports that are posted for all to see as well. His legal acument is sometimes on rather shaky ground too, but at least he was at one time a member of the bar in Virginia, or so he said. ( NO idea if he still is, so I cannot very well say I know he’s a member, now can I? ).

I could have saved this thread and simply quoted him in that thread and said, “Cite?” but this is not the first time he’s done this and we all know it. The level of hubris has caused finer Dopers than I to decry his posts.

I don’t drink caffeine but gosh those jibes sure stung !!! :slight_smile:

Whatever dude. You are pitting about a reply in a thread that you didn’t even have enough interest in to put in an appearence. This seems like a personal vendetta to me. Sorry if we are not reaching for the torches and pitchforks like you hoped.

Give me a fucking break. That is only a corporate logo. There is very little evidence that it is actual policy. I have seen no evidence in any of your posts.

Maybe he’s helping get a little blind girls kitten out of a tree? Who knows how long it takes to get a restraining order on a tree, maybe days!

And we’re just commenting on your well-recognized pattern of being absolutely batshit insane.

Oh, and I’ve seen Bricker admit he was wrong plenty of times. You? Not so much.

Impossible. He hasn’t fought his dark self on Mt. Ordeals yet.