Joan of Arcadia 2/11, or Joan Looks for Romance

“I’m straight, and you’re not a nun anymore.” Halfway through the line, I thought it was going to be “I’m straight, and you’re way hot”.

Good ep, although marred by the presence of the ugly sister…

Sorry, had to run out for a few minutes.

Lucifer’s departure can’t come fast enough. Yay for Helen and Will. I missed a few minutes of the episode… If Lucy is headed out, is Will getting the job back?

Little Girl God’s remarks about breaking the illusion so that a new reality can form – Joan took it to mean that she and Adam were an illusion and that reality would come in the form of a breakup. It could just as easily mean that the new reality would be a stronger romance between her and Adam.

Friedman deserves some romance. His all too brief time with Judith showed that he does have some redeeming qualities. If I were him, I’d prefer the other Duff sister, but hey, that’s just me.

Kevin and Lily. Real potential for down the road, but it won’t be smooth.
Ivylass, PLEASE keep posting these threads. I read TWOP, but I don’t post there, so I do like to see our local discussion.

I always watch this show, though I haven’t posted in this thread before.

Regarding Roger, I don’t think he represents evil at all. God is always using him to teach Joan. I am also in the minority in that I don’t find his hitting on Joan creepy. I didn’t think he was hitting on her so much as letting things happen naturally. But then, I fully remember thinking my high school relationship was the destiny of my life, too. Joan and Adam are eventually both going to move on–that’s how life usually goes.

I hated Lucy and felt her character became too obviously evil too quickly. I’m glad she’s gone (let’s hope). I do wish they’d find a more interesting storyline for Will. The stuff at the station is just not that captivating. His is a character we haven’t really explored in any meaningful way.

How old is Lily supposed to be, by the way?

I suspect that this won’t be the last we see/hear of Lucy(fer). Somewhere down the line, she’ll resurface from her new position to create some new moral dilemna, if not for Will specifically, for the Department generally.

Don’t worry, I will. We may not generate a four page thread like those Lost people, but we are dedicated fans! :wink:

I think Lucyfer will be back.

I take Lily to be in her mid 20s, definitely older than Kevin. How long does one study to be a nun? Do you do it right out of high school? Then how long was she a nun?

Well, except for a few redeeming moments I’ve really found the last two episodes mostly difficult, in terms of overall quality, to watch.

I’d say more, but I’m swaying and need to lie down from the flu.

Hey, that’s pretty neat. Which God was she, the Subsitute Teacher God?

And yes, I agree, Roger looks just like Brendan Frasier.

I figured Lily to be mid-20s or so. Didn’t she give up on being a nun before she took her final vows?

Yup, that was her.

It’s not just you.

And since I have a huge crush on Brendan Fraser, I was all giddy about it.

She’s definitely got a HITG* thing going on.

*HITG = “Hey, it’s that girl/guy!” from the TWoP site. Used for actors and actresses you recognize but can’t quite place.

I thought that this was one of the best scripts the show has ever had. I’m amazed that after all these episodes, I have little or nothing to criticize about what the Gods say.

Regarding Lucyfer, I’m not sure we’ve heard the last from her. Maybe. Hopefully.

Regarding waning interest, my only problem… Okay, strike that. Two problems. One, Amber allegedly has expressed a waning interest in the show, and that really bothers me. A potential Joni Mitchell you-don’t-know-what-you’ve-got-till-its-gone moment if ever there was one. Amber, if you toss this, you will regret it one day.

But two, I’m losing patience with Joan’s stagnation. Yes, I understand she’s young and all that, but she isn’t stupid. Gods have so sufficiently demonstrated their wisdom, love, and thoughtfulness that Joan continuing to question, moan, and complain upon every encounter with them is growing tiresome. I would appreciate seeing some growth, some realization of a pattern from her.