Joan of Arcadia cancelled

When they announced 60 Minutes II was cancelled, I knew the fall schedule had been released, so I went a-Googling.

Damn damn damn. If anyone’s going to be more upset than I am, it will be Ivygirl. This was Must See TV for us, and with the ending, they set it up to have a good season next year.

I am extremely disappointed. The characters, the writers, the premise was wonderful. They deserve better than this. Now we’ll never know if Kevin will end up with Lilly, if Lucyfer ever comes back, and how Joan will deal with Ryan.

It’s a sad sad day. Any chance another network will grab it up?

I hope those of you who are disappointed will write to the network and let them know. At the very least they’ll consider similar programming in the future if they hear from the audience.

I just found this out and wrote to them. These (Joan and Judging Amy) were two of the only “regular” network shows I ever watch. I looked forward to them, and where they left off is just criminal to leave us hanging.

Instead of thoughtful and unique shows, we’re going to get more and more Survivor crap.

CBS said they were “aiming for a younger audience”. Lovely. I’m sure there are lots of teens that watch TV at 10:00 on Tuesdays (Amy’s slot).

I was going to open a Pit on this, but found this thread via search.

Luckily I have Netflix, so at least I’ll have something to watch.

At the end of last season, this would have pissed me off. I thought it was a great show and never missed it. This year, I stopped watching about two months in, and haven’t missed it. So sad.

That’s no joke, I watch two of their shows and I’m under no illusions, they’re total crap.

Yeah, my daughter will be upset, too. I don’t even want to tell her yet. We often made it a family-viewing event. Too bad. :frowning:

I guess what really bothers me is that we don’t get to see how it ends. Sports Night at least had a wrap-up, when the cable network was bought out, but this one just set up for the next season, and we’re left to wonder what Joan’s future battles will be.

Me too.
Aesiron is going to be particularly upset, I predict.

Well…at least I still have a few shows left to enjoy: Lost, Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, House, ER. That’s all I can think of.

I am not a religious person by any means, but did like the writing on this show. Sorry to see it go.

BTW, at the main website for CBS, there is a nice feature called “feedback” some of you might want to take advantage of, for no other reason than to vent. I did. I feel better now.

Thanks, I do feel better now that I’ve called them names. No, wait, it still sucks that they cancelled Joan and Judging Amy.

Personally, I feel like the Joan of Arcadia that I used to watch and enjoy kind of died earlier this season. The show I enjoyed was a bit fun, a bit lighthearted, made me feel good, and usually had a more-or-less happy ending where at least we the audience could see that the world was a better place because of Joan’s actions, even if she didn’t always get to seet that. But the show that’s been masquerading as Joan of Arcadia lately is of the “Let’s see how badly we can screw up everyone’s life by allowing them to just start to get happy and then yank the rug out from under them with some stupid plot device.” Either Joan’s assignment from God leads to total ambiguity, or there just is no assignment at all. And the absolute last thing in the world that that show needed was for Joan to get a nemesis whom God allows to go around descrating churches. I’d frankly rather see the show cancelled than to continue down that dreary path.

If the stupid powers-that-be had left it alone to continue with the original premise, it wouldn’t have started tanking in the ratings and would not have been cancelled.

I watched the first three or four episodes and thought it was pretty boring. Did it get way better after that, or am I just not the target audience?

Heh, I didn’t even consider the possibility of a pun when I typed that in! I was recalling a story that I read which indicated that one of the CBS bigwigs had a soft spot in her heart for it.

Upset is a little extreme but I can’t say I’m happy. With the demise of both *Joan *and *Enterprise *this year, I’m left with nothing to watch except for reruns of long cancelled shows.

c’est la vie.

Sorry I’m late to this thread, but I must also express my disappointment. I had hoped that when CBS decided to rerun at least some this season’s eps during the summer that they might be planning to renew the show for a third season.

I doubt it. CBS probably has an agreementwith the producers to run each episode X number of times, and they’re just burning them off during the summer doldrums.

Any chance Hallmark or PAX will pick it up? :frowning:

Another voice chiming in with disappointment at news of it’s being cancelled. It was one of two shows that Mrs. Stone and I most enjoy watching each week (House being the other).

Off to the CBS site to make our displeasure known…

PAX is going to convert to a 24-hour infomercial format soon: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA526901.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=supp

Well, then, I guess PAX won’t be around much longer either.

Here’s what I’m taking away from this show. For evermore, each time I see one of the character actors who played God, I’ll probably mentally say, ‘there’s God’. And I’ll be reminded of an excellent show. The viewer isn’t there to enjoy a show…the viewer (us) is there to watch the commercials and buy the sponsors products. CBS sucks.