Joan Rivers is an idiot. First Amendment does not mean Costco has to sell your book

The bible? Isn’t she Jewish? I knew about the book because she managed to get herself on Stewart or Colbert last week.

I assumed that she did since she’s been making the talk show rounds lately. So this stunt doesn’t bring much to the table for me.

“Bible” has more cachet than “Torah” or “Tanakh”, although the latter is commonly referred to in English as “The Hebrew Bible”.

Wait, she handcuffed herself to a cart? That seems like a particularly stupid thing to do, given that they have wheels, and can easily be removed from the store (and into the back of a paddy wagon).

Could have locked the thread after this post

The wheels lock at the parking lot perimeter. :smiley:

I don’t know who’s whooshing whom here. Does anyone actually believe that JR did this as a serious thing? Or is the OP a dry parody of people who fall victim to Poe’s Law?

I’m not sure how many of her original parts are still intact, but yes.

[golf clap]

Or just put her on sale.

How low would the discount have to go before someone would buy her?

I did. She was on Colbert the other night. In fairness, I assumed she was dead until I saw that.

Hey, absolutely! With the additional caveat that it also makes one ineligible to hold office.

There is a recent documentary about JR that really increased my respect for her and her career. She never slows down and is always hustling for her next gig.

The First Amendment means you can say whatever you want, and everyone has to agree with you, and also they have to give you money.

Did you not even READ the arguments from Christians about Chick-Fil-A?

I did, but only because I watch The Colbert Report.

So’s yo’ mamma when the fleet’s in, but where’s her documentary?! [rimshot]

Then clearly you are also denying Ms Rivers her First Amendment rights. You’re now on the list of people she will be handcuffing herself to as part of her promotional tour.

Sure, she can handcuff herself to me. She will get the full benefit of Lynn’s Tuneup and Realignment Services. I do my best work at close quarters.

Good luck. I gather that most of the parts are aftermarket.