Joel Hodgson wants to bring back Mystery Science Theater 3000

Forget them - who is playing Gypsy? “They’re steam cleaning the horses!”

Heh. I agree.

Kevin is my fave part of RIfftrax also.

I’d check out the new show for sure, but this is more or less how I feel about it, too. I enjoy Joel, but I LOVE Mike (who was the head writer for the whole series, AFAIK). Without Mike, and Kevin? :dubious::frowning:

I feel similarly. The later episodes are the ones I really enjoyed and without Mike, Kevin and Bill, I don’t think it would be the same. But I do so love MST3K. I subscribe to the MST3K youtube channel and it’s so nice to be able to watch some of the episodes in better quality than they used to be on youtube.

4789999999 tu098&(&(&)(&)(&)(!!!
(jumps up and down)
(runs around, screeching incoherently.)
Ahem. :slight_smile:

What I mean to say is that I think this might possibly be a good thing.

Also, if chance in its infinite wisdom caused me to win Powerball, I will donate at least $100 million to this project.

Scuttlebutt indicates that

Jonah Ray

will be the new host.

Interesting. I watched the Kickstarter video, but it wasn’t clear (to me, at any rate) that Joel was not going to be hosting the new version. I thought that I recognized Trace Beaulieu’s voice in the video as well, but maybe I was mistaken. I suspect their participation might be precluded by the same time and distance issues that caused Cinematic Titanic to go belly-up, but it is rather disappointing.

Not having Mike, Trace, or Kevin involved really does kind of dampen my enthusiasm for the project, although if it gets made I will probably check out at least a couple of episodes to see how it is. I’m not sure how much it will really feel like the MST3K of old, though.

I think they’ve found new voices for the bots that are passably close to the originals. The new Crow doesn’t sound all that dissimilar to Trace. (Closer than Bill did anyway.)

Maybe they’ll have killer Terminator style robots this time around.
But, what about the TORTURE!!!???

We need to get it to $1 Billion, so Joel can Truman Show some kid into believing he’s the Pumaman.

Joel vs Mike as Host Poll

Anyone here actually adding money to the Kickstarter? Some have bid multi thousand$

I’m in for $50. Because apparently I just HAVE to have a t-shirt.

There’s a small part of me that thinks this was started because I said I liked Mike better. It’s probably unfounded, but I like to feel important :stuck_out_tongue:

It was!

Woo hoo! Importance!

Joel has updated on Facebook: they’ve raised one million in one day!

I will be jumping on the KS at some point, and I’m excited - but count me amongst the folks who felt the Mike years were the best, and without Trace, Kevin, Mike, Bill, or Frank it makes me a little nervous.

Joel’s a funny, talented guy. And I’m sure he can put together a good team. But will it feel different? Can they capture the lightning in the bottle again?

New host? I thought Joel would host and they re-voice the robots. Joel isn’t even going to be back in character on the ship?

Joel says he wants to give himself some kind of cameo, but otherwise, no, the intention is to have all-new characters as host and Mad.

Whoa! 1 million and 1/2 in 2 days.