"Joe's Crab Shack"

Have any near you?

I think this chain is/was owned by a big restaurant company that also owns “Landry’s,” “The Crab House,” and “Dick’s Last Resort.”

Anyway, I’ve noticed in my travels a number of them have closed, and wondered if the company had decided to close all of them.

If there are any in your area, are they still open?

(Nope, not making any travel plans revolving around an attempt to “Eat at Joe’s.” Just curious.)

I see commercials for the one in Baton Rouge all the time.

There are two that I know of in Columbus, OH open.

A few are alive and well in KC

–Tim

Joe’s Crab Shack, Waterside Mall, Norfolk, Va.

I love their motto: “Peace, Love and Crabs”

I’ve got 7 of their T-shirts!! (You see I’m addicted to Tie Dyes)

There’s one in Ann Arbor, MI. I’ve never been there, but my dad has, and he says they’re good.

They are alive and well here in Houston.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Eat Crabs Have fun, they are here in Chgo.

We have one Joe’s Crab Shack here in Denver (actually in the mighty suburb of Aurora). Never been there, never want to go. We also have a Landry’s and Dick’s. Been to both, won’t go back.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. That’s my name too.
Wait, no it isn’t.

There is one that opened here about 2 weeks ago (Auburn Hills, MI). I’ve never been, I’ve heard the food is mediocre, but it looks like a fun sort of place, I should probably stop in for a beer.

I was in the one in Norfolk in July, the food was great!!

The thing about life is that if you can laugh at yourself and the mistakes you make, then you learn lessons from the things that cause the most pain

The Joe’s here closed a couple months ago.

Born O.K. the first time…

If you are born again, do you have two belly buttons?

We’ve got one here in Toledo. I’m not impressed with the food or the service.

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

There’s one set to open in Auburn Hills, MI at I-75 and Baldwin road. Right by Great Lakes Crossing. Didn’t know it was a chain until this thread.

Been to the one in Norfolk…great crab dip…my favorite appetizer.

Sue–
You were down here and didn’t even stop by to say hi to me and Chief?

Several locations thriving here in Dallas. Guess they just found the people in your town too damn cheerful.

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Is this the restaurant chain started by the guy whose ship was lost in the Bermuda Triangle?

Pundit, you know the Chuck Muer story? Wow.

Actually it’s not the same guy. Chuck Muer owned, oddly enough, Chuck Muer’s; he was lost at sea and his restaurant was taken and run very poorly by his kids. Eventually they went out of business and sold the building. Joe’s Crab Shack is now in that building in Toledo.

Chuck Muer’s was probably the best seafood joint in Toledo before old Chuckie kicked off.

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

I went to Chuck Muir’s steakhouse in Detroit several years ago, and the food there was awesome. I was really bummed when I heard about his disappearance (I don’t remember where it happened, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the Bermuda Triangle). They never did find him, did they?

okay–back to the Joe’s thread!

Here’s a link to Landry’s Seafood Restaruants, Inc. , which owns the Landry’s, Joe’s Crab House, The Crab House, Willy G’s, and Cadillac Bar brands, but (apparently) not Dick’s.

Here’s a Store Locator .

A cursor look at the site didn’t seem to announce any pending store closings or rebrandings, but a quick peek at the stock chart tells me the company not be doing well. You may want to look at the “press releases” and “financial” sections. Those are the areas of the site most likely to talk about openings and closings.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine