John Stevens has an album!

“American Idol” John Stevens, for those who’ve forgotten. Well, it’s been out for almost a week, but I wasn’t going to post about it until I had my copy. It’s called “Red”, it’s available on Amazon and at most brick-and-mortar stores, it’s all standards, except for a cover of Maroon 5’s “This Love” (which I think is a lot better than their version, and I never thought theirs was bad, either!), and…well, it’s awesome!

I had actually thought I’d have to wait a while to get a copy; my financial situation is not the best, and I’d planned on ordering it along with Harry Potter 6 so I could get the free shipping. But a friend emailed me and said, “Have you ordered “Red” yet?..Well, good, because I ordered it for you!”

Mr. Rilch and I listened to the whole thing yesterday while ridiing around in his truck. Kid’s got some pipes, and according to people who’ve heard him perform live, they didn’t have to do any studio magic to make him sound better. So his first album is already getting good reviews and decent sales*, considering it’s in a “niche” genre. And furthermore, he’s also been accepted to Berklee College of Music! Go Johnny Red!

*Incidentally, first-week sales for Corey Clark’s new album added up to 557. That is not a typo.

Not a bad single, he got better.

OhmyGodIfeellikeapedophile :eek:

Well, he’ll be 18 at the end of the month…

Jezebel!
Montego Bay!
Noiseworks!

(Kiwi/Australian joke)

:confused:

Explanation of my Kiwi/Australian Joke

Red has a pleasant voice, but compare him next to today’s young lions within the jazz (or jazz-pop) domain, and his mediocrity shines. I give him 12 months until his CD is filed next to William Hung’s.

I don’t know who is this American Idol of whom you speak, but I do know that John Stevens made many, many albums over the years.

I really don’t think it’ll come to that. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, Carnac, have you heard the CD, or are you basing your assessment on what you heard on AI?

I bought it from Amazon, but it hasn’t come in yet. :frowning:

No kidding! Thanks for the link; I had never heard of that guy!