Jonathan_Chance, RIP 2020-11-12

::trudges, clothed, sorrowfully through thread::

<clears throat, raises glass - sits in silence>

sigh - I knew it was coming, but it is still awful how sudden it all seems.

RIP Nate/JC. I always appreciated how much effort he poured into this place. He cared and it showed.

When my grandfather died a few years ago, I caught up with cousins I haven’t seen in 10 or more years at his wake.

Glad to see you after all this time, @iampunha. Too bad it’s on this very sad occasion.

Aye. That’s one of the few bright spots at a time like this.

::waves:: … shit. I just went and looked at your posts, hoping for some hint of stuff because I don’t remember a robby (my children have eaten my brain and replaced it with mess), and now I know that Jenny died too.

sfgjlglsfdjglsdfjgdlfkgj no more dying now! I mean it!

I’m so sorry to hear this. My condolences to all his loved ones.

It’s been a rough year. :sob:

If I missed it is there a fund or charity we can donate to in Jonathan’s name?

Off-topic side note

P.S. I’m not sure if we ever interacted directly before. While we joined around the same time back in 2000, I spent most of my first decade posting in GQ, and usually only lurked in the other forums. In any event, I remember you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Who wouldn’t remember a nekkid joyful thread-runner? :grin:

I’ve hung back from offering my condolences in this thread because I didn’t know Jonathan/Nate at all, and I doubt he was aware of my presence on the board. But I will miss him. He was a big part of this place, a steady presence here. It is a big loss to us all.

I am especially sorry for your loss, @Lucretia. May your wonderful memories soothe you in the future and bring you gentle peace.

How can this be? This is awful.

I’m so so sorry :’(

If anyone would like to donate in Nate’s memory, please do so to the two Democratic candidates in Georgia’s run off elections. Let’s complete what Nate started

My deepest sympathy Lucretia.

Yet another kick to the testicles courtesy of 2020.

OTOH, it is very nice to see iampunha again.

I have made a donation to both Jon Ossoff and Reverend Raphael Warnock. Sadly there was no way to make it in Nate’s memory but it was done with his spirit in mind (I’m on that side too so happy to do it).

Again, sincerest condolences.

Godspeed, Nate.
Condolences to Lucretia and all thinking Dopers.

I’m very sorry for your loss Lucretia.

So very sorry to hear this… Peace to you.

Well, damn. I am very sorry to hear this. RIP, Jonathan. :frowning: