Judge Easterbrook for the Supreme Court

Do you think there is any possibility of the Judge Easterbrook of the 7th Circuit making it to the Court to replace Justice O’Connor? He is a conservative (upheld late-term abortion) and is a textualist. And he shares something with O’Connor that should be important when selecting her replacement - a strong pro-business viewpoint.

That’d be lovely, but I don’t think either Posner nor Easterbrook have a shot. Neither of them has felt the need to be circumspect when disagreeing with the Administration.

–Cliffy

Also, neither of them has a vagina.

I don’t think is necessarily going to be the XX seat, because there is another woman on the Court.

–Cliffy

So, then, do we go for a cripple now?

I am so, SO sorry. I couldn’t stop myself.

Judge Frank Easterbrook is a very smart, generally very conservative guy (I met him in law school, BTW). So is his colleague on the 7th Circuit, Judge Richard Posner. However, each is just smart enough that he actually thinks for himself, doesn’t always toe the hard-right line, and doesn’t always agree with whatever Uncle Sam wants to do. These are very likely to disqualify them, in the eyes of the Bush White House, from every being named to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Judge Frank Easterbrook is a very smart, generally very conservative guy (I met him in law school, BTW). So is his colleague on the 7th Circuit, Judge Richard Posner. However, each is just smart enough that he actually thinks for himself, doesn’t always toe the hard-right line, and doesn’t always agree with whatever Uncle Sam wants to do. These are very likely to disqualify them, in the eyes of the Bush White House, from ever being named to the U.S. Supreme Court.