July is the longest month for mini-rants

Hey, according to one of my coworkers, those of us who can’t really be bothered for the death of Cecil the Lion that we hadn’t even heard of until this week are a bunch of hypocrites.

There seems to be people who think that “hypocrite = disagrees with me”.

I’m definitely going to practice this one. Especially on my mother :slight_smile:

I know this is meant to be the snark thread but… that sounds awesome. I kind of want to plant gorse bushes all along the edge of the front garden now. It’d definitely keep those damn kids off my lawn :slight_smile:

Sadly the title deeds explicitly exclude livestock from the property. I could maybe manage a feral rabbit…? :wink:

Then RENT some. :smiley:

I give it another 10 years tops before the various dictionaries give up and start listing “breaks” as an alternative spelling of “brakes”. I’m not sure there’s a single Reddit contributor who knows how to spell “braking”, and the SDMB isn’t dramatically better. I don’t know if it’s spelling correction or just misspelling, but damn.

Also, I don’t know if we’ve picked the title for next month’s compendium of mini-rants, but I vote for “Augustibus non est disputandum”.

And sight vs. site, or four vs. for vs. fore, or to, too, two, even or vs. oar.

I wouldn’t care if I thought this would ever lead to a rational system of spelling for the English language – that would have those words that are pronounced the same spelled the same – but I don’t think this will do that.

I’ve always wanted it to be “Only the most August of mini-rants need apply” (or a less wordy version if that doesn’t fit)

Don’t forget “reign in” being used for “rein in,” and “back peddling” for “backpedaling.” ARG!

Sorry, guys, I couldn’t help myself.

I believe you mean “before the various dictionaries brake down and start listing…”