Junaio and other 'augmented reality' things

For some reason I was prompted to install Junaio on my phone. I don’t even recall why or where I did it. But it’s there now, and I have occasionally started it up to see what it does, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out what it’s supposed to be useful for.

Occasionally, it identifies some businesses, which are either mundane or things I already knew about, and they’re never very close to where I’m standing.

What is Junaio or similar software programs supposed to do? How am I supposed to use it?

Bueller?

I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what Junaio is and does, and what I learned was not much.

I just read the detailed description on the Apple App Store, and I don’t feel a whole lot better informed than before. It appears to read QR and bar codes like Shop Savvy and provide info on nearby businesses kind of like Around Me. I was not tempted to download it.

I can’t speak for that particular app, but I have “augmented reality” on my Sony Vita and, as far as I can tell, it’s good for playing mediocre video games and absolutely nothing else.

It came with a bunch of trading cards, and it’ll do things like… if you put a trading card on a table, it’ll digitally replace the card with a 3D graphic of a tank or something and you can have “tank battles” by shuffling the cards around.