junkmycar.com

I have an old, not driveable, junk pickup I need to dispose of. I don’t care to get any money for it, I simply want it gone. Legally towed away, that is.
I found this site on google. Anyone ever dealt with them, or know anything about them?
Again, they are junkmycar.com.
Thanks,
mangeorge

Why not donate it? Google up “bay area” charity car donation and you’ll find quite a few agencies that will be happy to take your car. Typically, it’s sold at auction and the charity nets the proceeds.

Just because you don’t want it doesn’t mean it’s not fixable or has no parts value.

Why not donate it? Google up “bay area” charity car donation and you’ll find quite a few agencies that will be happy to take your car. Typically, it’s sold at auction and the charity nets the proceeds.

Just because you don’t want it doesn’t mean it’s not fixable or has no parts value.

It has junk value only. You provide them with a unsigned title, they may give you $30 more or less, and they haul it away.
I had one removed recently through local towing service I know.
Charities want any thing you can drive in and give them title to, as it can go to auction.

I tried several of them. They didn’t want it because they only accept cars they can resell to wholesalers. In fact, they never touch it. The wholesaler deals with it directly and pays the charity. I’ve given a car to the kidney foundation.
mangeorge

In case someone finds themselves stuck with a worthless vehicle they want to unload.
I contacted junkmycar (.com) on their website and they got right back to me. Within a week a local auto recycler called an made an appointment to come tow the thing off. The driver showed within the promised four hour window, hooked up, and away he went.
This was a 1962 chev pickup with all the boards in the bed rotted away, most of the body rusted and banged up with bondo falling off, and not driveable. I didn’t even have the title, just the (current) registration.
I had called the DMV and they had heard of the tower (Pick Your Part) and said to just sign over the bill of sale the driver brought and send in a notice of transfer and release of liability.
Now my neighbors love me again. :wink:
This is not a reccomendation, but just a telling of my experience.
mangeorge

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

My dad has a 1980 Buick thats been deteriorating in our back yard for the last 12 - 15 years now. It was the first car he ever bought new. There’s mold growing in the backseat. A few neighbors and I have been trying to get him to part with it for ages. His excuse was that if you donate a car and they don’t register it then you’re still liable for it. I have to show him this, it even has our town when I looked up NJ. I hope this helps.

Thank you…thank you…

A 25 y/o luxury car :wink: should be no problem.
Be sure to check with your DMV about the liability release. It’s the same one you use when you sell your car. At least it is here in CA.
Please post back here with your experience.

there is an auto salvage company here called “you pull it” they will coma and get your junker and pay you 100.00 bucks. i think if you can drive it in they will go as high as 150.00. they set them out in their scrap yard and allow people to browse the junk looking for usable parts they seel pretty cheap.

in my case, i sold my old junk ford pickup to a co-worker who needed the gas tank, wheels and tires for his truck. i bought it in 1996 for 1100.00. ford and firestone gave me a new set of tires in the recall, and i have put almost no miles on it since then. the co-worker is giving me 350.00

i guess i got my money’s worth.

I printed out the information about the website with the form and the toll free number and gave them to my Dad. He said he’d call. He seemed less enthusiastic
than I thought he’d be. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens. It was a nice car back in its day.

You know, you really wasted an opportunity to be on Mythbusters. I’m sure they would’ve come up with a creative way to get the vehicle off your hands.

I have donated 2 cars to the Kidney Foundation. In Utah, at least, you mail them a form which you can download from the internet and send it with your signed title. They will have a towing company haul it away and you’re done with it.

If the car has any resale value, they will send you a statement of what they sold it for, which you can take as a tax deduction.

Wow, that’s not fair. Not only did I come into this thread to say EXACTLY that, I even looked up where mythbusters is filmed and found that it’s pretty close to the OP (wanted to check before I made the suggestion).
I’ve got to start reading the whole thread before I do research on it.

Trouble is, both of you, The OP has already offed his old junker. It’s SeeNoReason, of New Jersey, who wants to help get rid of his/her pop’s car.
But that’s cool. :cool:
Good luck, SNR.
Peace,
mangeorge