Jurassic Park movie - how are there raptor eggs outside the raptor pen

I always assumed the Raptor in the opening scene wasn’t an escaped Raptor. I thought they were transporting a Raptor they grew themselves from the lab to the pen. I guessed they had to wait until they were fully grown because younger Raptors would get eaten.

My assumption exactly.

And btw, that was a really stupid way to transfer raptors. You’d think that with all their resources they’d have built the smaller cages so that they attach to the larger cage.

True, but that’s not a plot hole. It’s a plot point that Hammond’s people arrogantly assumed they were so in control of the situation that they missed a lot of things.

Well, they did hire Newman to do their IT. I mean…come on, the guy doesn’t even deliver mail in the rain.

I work in IT, and, when I first saw Jurassic Park in the theater, I ran into a fellow I had worked with some years before. After the movie, I asked him if the character of Nedry reminded him of anyone. Without skipping a beat, he named the exact guy I was thinking of – a former co-worker so like Nedry you wouldn’t believe it.