Just a bit of advice for you future opto..opta..eye doctors out there

If you’re going to suck my toes while checking my ‘sugar levels’, at least buy me a drink first.

And conversely, to women going to SEE their eye doctors in the near future…if the doctor or assistant asks you to raise your legs and close your eyes, you might want to take a cursory scan of the diplomas on the wall.

Ya know, that was really scuzzy of him…but how STUPID do you have to be to go along with something like that?

You’ve obviously never had a good tongue bath. :cool:

This whole thing strikes me as quite the most hilarious thing I have heard in a very long time.

Would anybody but me raise an eyebrow at someone dimming the lights and telling them to lay back for the “strip test”…? Anyone?
:dubious: indeed.

I think it’s hilarious, but at the same time it’s kind of scary how clearly this illustrates the general populations’ belief that “he’s a doctor, he must know what he’s doing”. No wonder these people develop a God complex. There are folks out there who think just being a doctor means they know best, no questions asked.

This reminds me of something I just read in Dagens Medicin (a Swedish weekly paper for medical issues).

They report that a court has cleared a docotor who had received a warning by a medical review board. A woman had filed a complaint against the doctor because he had used rectal massage to treat her back pains and leg numbness.

The review board that received the complaint found that there was no support in evidence or practical experience that it worked. The court found that this had not been proven. :smack:

Since when does an eye doctor check sugar levels?

I’m wondering if he asked, “Better now? Or Better now?” during the process…

When they see evidence of diabetic retinopathy?

The toe-sucking, well, I guess we haven’t gotten to that particular diagnostic test yet in class… :stuck_out_tongue:

Licking the bottoms of her feet to check her sugar level…I wonder if this is similar to the foot pads that pull toxics out the bottom of your feet?

The sugar in her toes makes the jam taste better.