Just finished Nip/Tuck season 1 (spoilers)

I just finished watching season 1 of Nip/Tuck on DVD, and it’s quite good. But I really didn’t like the ending.

So Escobar comes in and they give him a new face, that of a wanted bank robber (using super-magical software). And the feds catch him, thinking that he’s that robber.

First of all, even if the feds convict him, he obivously knows how he got the face, and will presumably use his contacts to send large angry assassins after our heroes. Secondly, couldn’t he prove that he is not that bank robber, via a check of fingerprints, dental records, or DNA matching with relatives of that robber?

Overall, a silly and stupid gimmick marring a generally excellent show.

IIRC the reason he wanted the new face was that the feds were chasing after him (and had plenty of evidence, including DNA and fingerprinting)

So, I just assumed they’d bring him in, fingerprint him and find out “Oh, you’re not the #4 most wanted guy, you’re the #6.” They’d chuckle over the mistake and still arrest him and put him in prison for many, many years.

Of course, that doesn’t explain why McNamara/Troy isn’t being chased by large, angry assassins.

They had such an easy out with that too. Just set it up where the right hand man actually wants to betray him to.