Just Say Something Nice

I really need to hear some good things about being alive.

Don’t know where you are, but it’s nice out here today. And sunshine, warm weather and a good book from the library are all free. For me, when I’ve got problems (and I do, believe, me, money, health, relationship, etc.), a few hours in the park with a book on a nice day do wonders.

Well, when an evil urge has got your brain…you can always look forward to the opportunity, should it ever arise, to torment people you dislike.

Ah, the joys of living.

Smell something nice - this sounds crazy, but believe me it helps! Some flowers would do just nicely; unless you are allergic, than run away!

~S.P.I.~

I have a couple of nice books from the library and a free copy of the Caine Mutiny,

and I smelled the Maple Syrup I have and I snatched a bunch of American Beauties from the bush next door and I’m sniffing those!

It’s been raining here most of this week. I love the sound of rain against the window as I’m drifting off to sleep. I love the cool of the rain and the smell in the air just before it starts.

Try as I might, I couldn’t come up with anything.

SixSwordS, you’re a very good person.

That being said…

<mod>

Moved to MPSIMS

IMHO > MPSIMS

</mod>

ThePerseids meteor showeris only 18 days away. There will be good viewing during early morning and late evening on August 12th. For once we won’t have to get up in the middle of the night for the show.

[ul] There’s people that need you around [/ul]
[ul]Every day there is a new challenge to be faced [/ul]
[ul]Every day there is something new to look forward to[/ul]

SSG Schwartz

Here, maybe this’ll cheer you up:

Cute

Kittens

Are

The

Reason

For the universe.

Yesterday is history, today is an adventure, but tomorrow - that is the glorious new dawn that brings hope and promise.

Thanks for posting that. My whole (extended) family goes to the beach together every year. This year, my dad’s been having some health problems so he and my mom won’t be able to join us and we’re all pretty bummed about that. It’ll just be the “kids” and our families and we’ll be there when the meteor shower happens. I just sent an email to everyone suggesting we watch it. I’m looking forward to it already.

Well today seemed to be a nice day. I don’t know because I slept through most of it. I eventually woke up and realized that since no one had been killed on my street it might have been a nice day for the neighbors too.

Then I remembered that robbers keep breaking into my house and my toolshed and Ulrike Meinhof destroyed my apricot tree but I kept a smile on my face and took a good stiff drink. And everything was happy again.

Yep, it is called convincing yourself to get up. Alternatively, digesting the bittersweet realisation that no, you did not save the world, and no, you weren’t really in bed with all those <insert preference here>. Oy vey.

Sorry, now I’m being negative! A thought that keeps me alive is…

“If I died today, I wouldn’t have an opportunity to fix things tomorrow.”

Or something less pretentious.

~S.P.I.~

Good news! Johnny Depp is not only hot but nice!
Johnny Depp dresses up as Pirates of the Caribbean character Captain Jack Sparrow and makes a surprise visit to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Feel better.

at the risk of sounding like a fat girl, a nice bit of dark chocolate may be in order.

Sunshine has been mentioned already, but some time in the sun may helpful too. It often helps me out of a funk.

These are a few of my favorite things…

That very green smell just after the lawn has been mowed.
A windy road, a sunny day, and some good music.
Soaring birds.
Gardenias, they smell great. Daisies, they just look happy.
Puppies, kittens, just about any baby critter.
Dragonflies.
A long hug.
A cool glass of wine.
A great meal.
An afternoon nap.
The ocean.
Mountains.
Deserts. And desserts!
Thunderstorms.
The sound of shattering glass.
There are still good people. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet lots of them.
Sometimes, things get worse, but then, they do get better.
Money means nothing in the grand scheme.
Love is available.
The satisfaction of a job well-done.
Of course, I have a thousand joys brought by my children. But a real treat is when my very autistic 14 year old son sits next to me, cuddles into me, and stays there for more than 5 seconds.

Being alive is so much better than the alternative.

There’s a whole world of pussy out there waiting for you. The best thing is that no matter how old you get, there are always going to be 18 year old girls. It’s a renewable resource. You are smarter than 99% of all the other species on this planet, and you are blessed with opposable thumbs. Somewhere, way back in your family lineage, were great warriors and kings. Don’t let them down. Also, a movie adaptation of Bentley Little’s The Store is coming out.

Don’t pull the trigger, man.

No matter how bad you feel…
…it’s nothing compared to being scratched in the balls by a badger with a penchant for anarchy and nothing left to lose.