Just what in the world is....?

Could someone please, please tell me exactly what an “asshat” is? It’s got to be one of the single most headscratchingly incomprehensible insult I’ve ever heard. I beeseech upon you, please unravel this mystery for me. I am at a total loss.

:confused:

Read on.

Did we really need a new word for that? If you can’t say “__ is an asshole” when Granny is in the room, would you be able to get by with asshat? I doubt it.

Asshat is an asshat. :smiley:

seat sombrero
cheek chapeau
derriere dicer
backside bonnet
fanny fedora
moon millinery
tuchis ten-gallon
tail topper

asshat <-- You’ve seen the rest, now try the best!! Call someone an asshat today!!!*

*Mastema Inc. is not resposible for ass kickings, roughings up, or any other form of retaliation that may result from following our ill thought out advice.

[Pointless Story]

I actually first saw the term “asshat” used in the game Dark Age of Camelot. In inter-realm (PvP, basically) combat, when one is killed, one’s corpse topples to the ground. Sometime the killer or someone else from his/her realm would come and sit on your (dead) head…thus, asshat

[/PS]

[Pointless Story]

I actually first saw the term “asshat” used in the game Dark Age of Camelot. In inter-realm (PvP, basically) combat, when one is killed, one’s corpse topples to the ground. Sometime the killer or someone else from his/her realm would come and sit on your (dead) head…thus, asshat

[/PS]

I think asshat makes alot more sense than asshole as well.

I always thought it was derived from someone having his/her head up their ass, and picturing this, it would appear that they are thereby ‘wearing an asshat’. Acutally, more of an asshelmet or an assski-mask. I guess asshat just evolved because it sounded more natural.

I do kinda think asshelmet has a ring though…